Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: ** Official UFC 83 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

i watched the event at a bar and it sucked my balls, always watch at home or at a friends if your really into the events, you cant hear shit and people are always in your way, i thought the event kinda sucked, it was a one sided card, which a lot of the fights hand picked for tuf favorites, bisbings, mac, and quarrys fights were all one sided and everybody should have exepted that, franklin vs lutter was the most exciting fight imo, i thought serra had a shot, boy was wrong, gsp beat his ass up and down the ring, overall i thought this was one of the weakest fight cards produced in a long time, im starting to get worried gsp might leave, ufc is losing a lot of fighters a im getting a little worried for the future of ufc

Thats my boy holla!
    [IMG]][/IMG]

Had to watch the fight at the sports bar and grill last night as opposed to my home. Overall I really enjoyed the fight when I was dodging people standing around everywhere. Bocek needs to watch those knees... damn Danzig fucked him up with knees which was the huge factor in him losing. I've never been much of a Bisping fan but he looked good last night. I think my favorite fights were Franklin/Lutter and then GSP/Serra. Rich looked great and I thought he was going to get stuck in that arm bar but he did a great job getting out of that.

What can you say about the main event??... DAMN!! that was a complete ass whooping just like I called it and I'm glad that I didnt have to come on here and say I was proved wrong. GSP is so damn sharp and he just keeps improving. I swear when he loses it makes him that much better because he has came back very strong from both of his losses.

Quote Originally Posted by MYboyBISPING View Post
    Thats my boy holla!
    Hypergit? Nah, can't be.

Sorry nope, but "thats wat she said". I googled it thinkin there was some stuff there but it some other dude i guess.
    [IMG]][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtySis View Post
    That shit was ridiculous.

I was at work streaming it so I didnt get to see all of it. Did Kalib get points deducted for being to timid or did the judges score them as 10-8 rounds. I have never, ever seen a fight scored 30-24.

If I was the ref I woulda warned him a few times or taken a few points but I woulda stopped the fight after watching that go on for too long.
    I agree. The ref should have jumped in and stopped the fight. But the ending and the post fight interview made it almost worth watching that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LookitsLance View Post
    i was kinda hoping for him to sub serra, would have been great, he had the back half the fight i doubt it would have been to hard
    Lance, do you really think anyone in this sport wouldn't do something to win the fight if was easy to do?

Getting one hook in up against the fence on Serra is far from getting a sub. If GSP tried to sub Serra he might of ended up lossing the fight himself, or he wouldn't have finished the fight at all.

GSP said after, that he thought Serra was baiting him to take his back to get into a Jiu-Jitsu battle. Good strategy by Serra if that's true, but even better awareness by Georges to recognize it.

Overall, I thought the event was good, the two guys I wanted to win did, i.e. Franklin and GSP. The Quarry/Starnes fight was embarrassing for Kalib and Canada, he might have ran himself out of the UFC, I hope he can redeem himself.

Again, I'm so happy Franklin won, I can't stand Lutter (what a tool), Lutter career highlights:

1. Can't make weight in a title fight
    2. Call's out Anderson Silva after getting beat soundly by him, and looks past Franklin
    3. Compares himself to Osama Bin-Laden in the UFC preview show (WTF?)
    4. Says Rich lied about his meniscus surgery
    5. Comes out to Nickelback, and he's singing the words (still singing in the cage, LOL!)
    6. Gasses out in round 2.
    Last edited by earle; 04-20-2008 at 07:51 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Thread Information