Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF hits new ratings low

No fighter is going to go from a PPV show to living in a house for 6 weeks with no outside contact. Can you really see Roger Huerta going from the Sports Illustrated cover to living in a house with 15 other dudes?

They could totally re-vamp the show and have it as a tournament-style fight broadcast. Every episode would look like a "Countdown To..." episode, with the two guys fighting at the end. I think that would get pretty old.

Think of the Ultimate Fighter show as an episode of the Real World, but they get to beat the shit out of each other at the end.
    THE BEST EVAHH!!11!one

man i dont want to see them doing challenges..
    if i want to see challenges i rather watch real world/road rules inferno or gauntlet..
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Frag x 3 View Post
    No fighter is going to go from a PPV show to living in a house for 6 weeks with no outside contact. Can you really see Roger Huerta going from the Sports Illustrated cover to living in a house with 15 other dudes?

They could totally re-vamp the show and have it as a tournament-style fight broadcast. Every episode would look like a "Countdown To..." episode, with the two guys fighting at the end. I think that would get pretty old.

Think of the Ultimate Fighter show as an episode of the Real World, but they get to beat the shit out of each other at the end.
    Yes I actually can see Huerta doing the show. Especially if he loses to Florian. I don't think it would work for all the divisions, just the ones where it is very cloudy as to who should be next in line for a title shot. Thus I said, LW, WW, and LHW.
    Don't censor me bro!

I can't seem to put my finger on it, but this season has been very disappointing compared to the last couple of seasons. I guess the formula only stays fresh for so long.

mmhmm Guest

They stole this idea from WWE, milked it for what it was worth, it's done, finished. Imagine a season with Mir and Nog as coaches...my goodness, please Spike, pull THE PLUG!!!!! This is why divisions get held up?? Because of this garbage show that doesn't hype up rivalries and has amateur fighters give a bad name to the sport?? Amazing.

I've really tried to get into this season and I just cant do it. I'm not sure why. I tune the channel in diligently, but then I just surf the internet on my laptop. I just cant stay focused on it for some reason.
    As far as I can figure it out, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be interested in jacksons jibber jabber, which proved painfully true during the last episode were he got most of the screentime. But I do like forrest. Unfortunately forrest is such a nice guy that he's kind of boring. He would be awesome for a friend, but he's not spectacle material.
    I'm actually getting more enjoyment by being amazed at the awefulness of "iwon wing". Truth be told they had a decent scrap/brawl on the last episode.

Wait, this isn't right. It can't be. Remember? Dana said the UFC was bigger than the NBA! This just can't be right!

I think it helps alot that I record it before i watch it and can actually skip commercials and get on with the show. If i had to sit through commercials every 5 min I definetly wouldnt be tuning in. There just isnt enough to keep interested. cant beleive the decision in the last episode it shouldnt even have went past the second. dante didnt do shit, I think i was more upset than rampage when I heard the decision. it just reminded me of a bad boxing decision when I saw it.
    Fedor, Man or Machine

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover.

well these guys aren't really coaches at all. I don't see why they even put them on there at all. Forrest and Rampage as coaches sounds like a good idea but they haven't really been characters at all. They shouldn't hold up the titles for this shit any more either.

Tournaments with known fighters would be the only way to make this show watchable in the future, that way you know you will be getting good fights. It would also make them more marketable and create stars instead of training guys with little experience to just forget about after the show like most of them. I don't see why Dana is against the tourny idea though cause tuf is a tourny with mostly cans, why not make it like the comeback season only with better fighters?
    Last edited by markzabin; 05-03-2008 at 02:03 AM.

I havent watched TUF since season 3.... does that make me a bad MMA fan?
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

Thread Information