Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF hits new ratings low

They should shorten the length of the season and have two fights per episode.

Also, is there a possibility that the numbers are skewed by people using DVRs, or are those numbers now included in the broadcast ratings. I know they didn't used to be counted. Not sure if that changed.

I think even more amateur fights per episode is only following the path towards over saturation. If I worked for the UFC and I had to think of an idea, I would retire the show for about a year and replace it with another form of promotion. Mabey just concentrate on fight nights and edited/delayed versions of the PPV's.
    Last edited by Robthom; 05-03-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoogy View Post
    I used to hate the challenges, but compared to the shit they use to fill out the hour now, I would welcome them back. But it would be cool for them to actually base challenges on real-life shit, like sports. So maybe while there are still 12-14 guys left, you make one challenge a basketball game, or football, or something like that. All I really remember from the challenges is them playing some stupid game of bum darts in the pool.
    I'm with you. At the time the challenges seemed dumb but during this last episode I was begging for a challenge to be thrown int

Who gives a shit how low the ratings are. I'm watching for the next Forrest Griffin or Josh Koscheck, we never know who's one decent training camp away from being a top notch fighter.

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

Quote Originally Posted by twankydawg View Post
    Who gives a shit how low the ratings are. I'm watching for the next Forrest Griffin or Josh Koscheck, we never know who's one decent training camp away from being a top notch fighter.
    True dat.
    I just we hope dragging out the reality show format doesn't do more damage than getting back to old school event scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robthom View Post
    True dat.
    I just we hope dragging out the reality show format doesn't do more damage than getting back to old school event scouting.

It's reality, anyone who doesn't realize there are guys on there for their fighting prowess vs other for their personality needs to get a dose of the real world. It's a gimmick. I can deal with that as long as some of the fights are good.

Favorite recent dumbass comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by LebenTysonTank
    My opinion is Arlovski is the best HW the world,but Randy stands a chance in a fight with Fedor to,I don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I still believe in "The Truth"

*1 - 2 in sig/av bets*

i like tuf as much now as i ever have personally. last season was probably my least favorite because there was really no1 good except danzig. then again the tuf with bisping was probably the worst ever.

this season looks good to me, i like rampage on tuf even if he cant coach. the guy who fought chipper was pretty good, chipper is strong and has potential. jesse looks pretty big and strong. cb dollaway is a beast. matt brown looked pretty serious when he was sparring with forrest.

looks like some decent additions to 185lb division this season which is really needed, and the show is just getting started, i dont even know what the rest are capable of yet.

tuf is needed because it helps build divisions and recruite new fighters into the ufc. i hope tuf is never cancelled because it will be a sad to for me if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by twankydawg View Post
    Advertisers, Spike TV and the UFC itself all care. The last figure for Spike's average that I saw was 1.0 so that means that TUF is in the territory where some shows get axed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Robthom View Post
    I've really tried to get into this season and I just cant do it. I'm not sure why. I tune the channel in diligently, but then I just surf the internet on my laptop.
    I do the exact same thing. Nothing is holding my attention, the fights are boring and the fighters look like amateurs and like they don't belong on the show (are they running out of talent). I thought I'd like seeing Forrest and Rampage as coaches but it's nothing to get excited about, a few funny things here and there but not that much. Another problem is the hype that they put into certain things on the show. Why bother blowing things up if it's not going to live up to the hype you put into it, it's just going to turn people off. I will still watch it and hope things are going to get better (Rampage did say him and Forrest had some problems) so I'll just wait and see I guess.

Well there is no animosity between Rampage and Forrest. Prior seasons has Serra/Hughes, Penn/Pulver, Tito/Shamrock- People we know don't like each other. I do watch the show and like it for what it is but it's missing that intensity between coaches that most other shows have had.

Thread Information