Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TUF hits new ratings low

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Great! So you're telling me that I'm NOT paranoid.
    I can't answer that because they're watching me.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get you.

*Lights cigarette*

There is no conspiracy.

mmhmm Guest

Lol I still can't get past the guy who said "I guess if you don't watch this season you're not a real mma fan"...hahahaha. Damn, owning every PRIDE and UFC on DVD is worthless, because I don't watch a show full of cans that lose on the highlights of Inside MMA.

Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by POINDEXTER View Post
    Who said that?
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by leedogg900 View Post
    man i cant understand how so many ppl are not liking tuf. i mean you guys call urself mma fans? i guess thats just what seperates regular fans from hardcore fans like me. ive only missed 1 episode in all the 7 seasons of tuf.

i havnt missed a ufc/pride/any decent card since i started watching mma. i guess im just a freak.

P.S. I never stated my TUF opinion. I'm still watching every week, but not as excited as before. I always did like the challenges and was sorry to see them go. The drama bores me most of the time, but I do like getting to know the fighters better as people.

Also, as Twanky said, you never know when you are going to see the next big thing. I enjoy the local shows, so I don't expect every fight to be UFC PPV caliber.

People like the drama more then the fight = theres ben more fights this season thats why

Ifightforaliving Guest

yeah and sadly I see next season going back to the drama with less fights

i love rampage but like he always says....he hates to train. so why would dana think he would be a great coach? maybe they were thinking his great personality would translate to good coaching and get descent ratings in the process.

if you watch TUF... you can plainly see that the UFC are endorsement whores, between the 5+ ads on the mat, the fight sponsored by another company and even the namesigns on the doors are sponsored. companies are coming on to endorse the product and not getting their moneys worth since ratings are really low. maybe next season mir/big nog we'll see less advertisements. until then prime advertisement appears to be high with all the big companies signing on.
    this sig has been approved by sandywh

"When you submit someone, there is no controversy, there is no doubt, there is only the certainty of the result. You are better than your opponent and he must submit to your technique"

Quote Originally Posted by Killinginthenameof View Post
    i love rampage but like he always says....he hates to train. so why would dana think he would be a great coach? maybe they were thinking his great personality would translate to good coaching and get descent ratings in the process.

if you watch TUF... you can plainly see that the UFC are endorsement whores, between the 5+ ads on the mat, the fight sponsored by another company and even the namesigns on the doors are sponsored. companies are coming on to endorse the product and not getting their moneys worth since ratings are really low. maybe next season mir/big nog we'll see less advertisements. until then prime advertisement appears to be high with all the big companies signing on.
    Yeah, I think they pick coaches based on personalities. I mean look at Ken and Tito. Sure, considering Ken ran the Lions Den and all that, I guess you can assume that he'd be an awesome coach, which he most likely was in there but was just awful on the TUF show, not focused at all on coaching.

Tito on the other hand, I don't see what would make someone assume that he'd be a great coach aside from a few defining things about him, but he did very well on the show.

The main driving point for bringing the both of them into the show was their current feud with each other. What they produced from their own hatred for each other was classic material. It's all about the personalities imo.

As for Rampage saying he hates training, I'm willing to bet most fighters absolutely hate training. That is the hardest part of a job as a fighter by far. It is just so grueling to train your ass off for hours at a time and eat right almost everyday in preparation for the fights. I definitely don't blame Rampage for that. I don't see how that would make him a good or a bad coach, regardless.

Thread Information