Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must be the lone man on this one..

Default I must be the lone man on this one..

After reading the general opinion about this seasons TUF.. everyone seems to think that the talent level is awful, and that the seasons have been boring.. and no ones really liking this season so far..

I disagree with the majority of what has been said.. and I made a thread about it cuz I dont want this to get lost in the many threads there are now.. kinda want to get a more organized conversation about TUF going right now..

anyways, people seem to think that Rampage has been a bad coach or has no business really coaching.. well heres my opinion.. outside of BJ and Serra.. none of the guys who have been coaches for TUF.. were coaches before hand.. nor do they even wanna be coaches.. so they should be cut some sort of slack.. but in all seriousness.. I dont see how Rampage is doing a bad job..

Look at Brandon Sene.. his fight before the show.. he didnt look that good, I thought he'd be one of the worse of the picks.. Dante was viewed as one of the best, he went out and dominated.. look at what kind of hell Sene gave Dante.. that has to be a testament to Rampage's coaching.

Forrest is doing a damn good job too.. but you cant judge coaching on how many fights a coach has won.. theres limited time to train or rehab or anything on these shows.. the only way to really judge how good a coach is doing is by that short-term improvement.. and Brandon Sene is a good example of Rampage's coaching so far.. the only people that are really doing any coaching is the people Forrest and Quinton bring in.. Forrest and Quinton are like your head coaches on an NFL team.. they motivate the players, get them ready, tell them what they have to do.. the guys they bring in are doin the teaching.. there like the coordinators.. they drill technique, etc.. and its still up to the players to listen, and go out and perform.

As far as this season being boring.. im definently alone on this one.. I feel like this has been the best season since season 1.. just because theres anticipation for next week's episode.. Jeremy May makes things interesting.. so does Rampage and Forrest.. I will admit.. I do like watching reality TV and that reality TV aspect of this season is what keeps me tuned in but aside from that I feel like this season has had the best fights so far! and will continue to put on even better fights.

As far as the talent is concerned, I mos def disagree here... Last season had a low level of talent.. you had only Mac Danzig..

This season you got about 4 or 5 Mac Danzig's.. id put money on Gerald Harris, CB Dolloway, Amir Sadolah, and Jesse Taylor as either close to or on Mac's level.. and theres a lot of guys who are 2-0.. 1-0.. just generally unproven that could become something as well

so far this season has been the equievelant to Season 1.. the talent is what it should be.. you shouldnt have seasoned guys on there like Mac Danzing, or Joe Stevenson.. Diego Sanchez.. etc.. you should have unproven, young guys who can be groomed into good fighters.. not fighters that are already good and are just using TUF to get into the UFC IE: Michael Bisping.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I agree with you there on pretty much everything. Obviously the coaching that comes from Rampage's team is going to be pretty good because Rampage's helpers. If they are good enough to get Rampage up to Title standard I think they are good enough to coach TUF, Rampage is there to help with the sessions by using his own experiences and by helping spar.

The reason the Rampage team keep on losing is that Forest is a clever guy and is picking fights that he thinks his guys can win and knows how to plan for them. Going in to all the fights I have thought that Forrest's guy will win and I have been proven right each time. I guess the time to wait for is the finale to see how the guys improve by then.

But I don't know why loads of people are complaining about the series as I have enjoyed it a lot. Pretty much all the fights that have been shown were good fights, apart from the last one which was frustrating. But the first two episodes that were just fight fight fight really got me interested in the series. Plus the fact that Rampage and Forest are on it make it definitely worth watching.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I don't completely disagre... as far as being boring: That is really just an opinion and ever season will ultimately boring to some and exciting to others.

I think Rampage has been a decent trainer and a good corner-coach and I think Forrest has been a great trainer but the worst corner-coach in the history of the sport right bext to Shamrock.

As far as the talent level goes: I think there are some impressive guys but they haven't fought yet.

As far as the skill level goes: not good imo... these guys are doing stupid white belt mistakes and Dante was total hype. The fight was a closer then it should have been only because Dante isn't as good as people were making him out be.

i agree....don't bring in proven fighters, bring raw fighters in. you see it every season in the testimonials, "i have more fights under my belt". forrest has done a pretty good job. just wish we didn't have to wait 10 months to see rampage fight again....that's way too long between fights for one of the UFC's marque fighters. one of the great things about the UFC is seeing your fav fighters fight every 3-4 months. sure mir and serra were out for awhile and now chuck will be out for even longer. layoffs suck!!! i like forrest, just not sure if he was the right pick for the title. close loss to tito and got dominated against jardine. not sure who joe could've thrown in their with overlapping schedules. he did have the sub vs shogun....just wasn't sure about the griffin pick. maybe he'll suprise me and kick rampages ass. don't want to ruin the thread....but anyone want to see jardine/ortiz?

I think Rampage has been a decent trainer and a good corner-coach and I think Forrest has been a great trainer but the worst corner-coach in the history of the sport right bext to Shamrock.
    We have only seen 2 fights so i dunno if you can start saying that.
    As far as the talent is concerned, I mos def disagree here... Last season had a low level of talent.. you had only Mac Danzig..
    If Matt Arroyo didn't crack a rib he would have been in finals and he was pretty good and could compete against Mac imo. But i get what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegRush View Post
    If Matt Arroyo didn't crack a rib he would have been in finals and he was pretty good and could compete against Mac imo. But i get what you mean.
    Actually they would have met in the semi finals. But I agree Matt and george from that season have some serious talent. I can't wait to see Matt's next fight. Just hope he doesn't bust a rib between now and then, lol.

I'm done with the season, I'm not interested... I'm utterly bored with the same hype, the same pissy attitudes over the dumbest stuff, and everyone thinking they're a samurai warrior on a medieval battlefield...

No one seems excited to be there, no one seems like they know the opportunity they have, and quite honestly It's like watching a bunch a frat guys complain for 45 minutes and then watch them fight poorly for the last 15...

Everyone is in a difficult situation with the show, I understand that... I'm not expecting a professional fight in an amateur one, but they've seemed less than capable this season than some of the others. And I agree that most of the better fighters have yet to compete, and I don't blame the coaches whatsoever... what could you possible show a guy in a day that would make them a better fighter over night?

Rampage and Forest are not coaches by trade, so I don't blame them or their staff, nor do I blame the casting cause the fighters earned their spots, and I don't wholly blame the fighters because they're training and fighting at very close intervals with NOTHING to do or occupy them in the inbetween...

Aside from the coaches and potential guest coaches, I'm just not interested in these fights or fighters... not bashing them (aside from the "warrior" talk) but I'm not interested...

Quote Originally Posted by WinnipegRush View Post
    We have only seen 2 fights so i dunno if you can start saying that.
    Why not? Have you not seen them train and corner-coach yet?

I have been bored with this season so far, but I should try to remember that we are only a couple of shows in. I think Rampage and Forrest have been good coaches so far. Forrest seems like he would actually make a decent coach when he's done fighting and Rampage seems like he is actually trying to learn to be a great coach. I've also really enjoyed watching Juanito, he's been very good, but I guess that is kind of to be expected. I will keep watching no matter what because I do believe a lot of the fights will get better (especially when we get into the semi-finals and final) but it's just been kind of hard for me to watch so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauner View Post
    I have been bored with this season so far, but I should try to remember that we are only a couple of shows in. I think Rampage and Forrest have been good coaches so far. Forrest seems like he would actually make a decent coach when he's done fighting and Rampage seems like he is actually trying to learn to be a great coach. I've also really enjoyed watching Juanito, he's been very good, but I guess that is kind of to be expected. I will keep watching no matter what because I do believe a lot of the fights will get better (especially when we get into the semi-finals and final) but it's just been kind of hard for me to watch so far.
    I am also going to watch but i have no one i want to cheer for to win. And i always picked someone in the house that i want to win the whole thing but these guys are a bunch of plugs.

Thread Information