+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I must be the lone man on this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    As far as this season being boring.. im definently alone on this one.. I feel like this has been the best season since season 1.. just because theres anticipation for next week's episode.. Jeremy May makes things interesting.. so does Rampage and Forrest.. I will admit.. I do like watching reality TV and that reality TV aspect of this season is what keeps me tuned in but aside from that I feel like this season has had the best fights so far! and will continue to put on even better fights.
    What? The best since season 1? The hype for next weeks episode? Would you honestly say that after this Wed's episode which was set up the entire episode prior to last week? I admit I am looking forward to Wed's episode, but to say it is the best season because you are looking forward to 1 episode is a big stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Killinginthenameof View Post
    just wish we didn't have to wait 10 months to see rampage fight again....that's way too long between fights for one of the UFC's marque fighters. one of the great things about the UFC is seeing your fav fighters fight every 3-4 months.
    Good god when will people realize that the reason why Rampage is out for so long is NOT because of the filming for TUF, but because he BROKE HIS HAND and had to let it rehab before he could even fully start training. Since he was ALREADY out for a long period of time it makes sense to have him do SOMETHING to help hype his next fight.
    Don't censor me bro!

I don't think the show is any less exciting as any, and there is certainly lots of talent. I think the problem is we're getting bored with the concept. How much can go on in a house with 16 guys, no tv, no women no internet or any other outside connection? There's only so many things that can happen in a locked environment and it's just getting repetitive.

What they need to do is change the format up, add challenges or something. If they don't make the show new and interesting it's going to keep dropping in ratings, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Palma View Post
    Why not? Have you not seen them train and corner-coach yet?
    Forrest has been a shitty corner coach so far but its too early to compare him to Shamrock. There is plenty of time for Forrest to do better and redeem himslef, and his team is 3-0 right now. Hell, i think most of us on this forum would be a better corner coach than Shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by thebwit View Post
    What? The best since season 1? The hype for next weeks episode? Would you honestly say that after this Wed's episode which was set up the entire episode prior to last week? I admit I am looking forward to Wed's episode, but to say it is the best season because you are looking forward to 1 episode is a big stretch.

Good god when will people realize that the reason why Rampage is out for so long is NOT because of the filming for TUF, but because he BROKE HIS HAND and had to let it rehab before he could even fully start training. Since he was ALREADY out for a long period of time it makes sense to have him do SOMETHING to help hype his next fight.
    ??? what the hell kind of response is that? lol

For me it is the best since season 1, and one of the big reason is that there is anticipation for next weeks episode for me.. thats the only reason I enjoyed Season 1 so much.. the whole Chris Leben issue.. and seeing what would happen next week.. thats what made it great.

Who the hell argues against someones personal opinion like this lol.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Doesn't this happen every season?

Everyone sees that in round one of the competition that Team A lines up a good fighter with good experience against a lesser experienced and weaker opponent. And if the favorite makes it through the next round of match ups are pretty good. And in all honesty, like Afro said, the 3 or 4 best on the show have not fought yet. Dolloway, Harris, Sabdollah, Dante and a gfew others are pretty tough guys. The first few fights are always kind of lack luster, but I thought the fights have been pretty good so far. These guys aren't championship caliber fighters so there holes in their games and don't capitalize on mistakes that others might, but the fights have still been good.

The coaches?
    What is it that Forrest and Rampage are supposed to do? Take fighters that are already training at AKA, Quest, Jackson's, and Couture and tell them to forget all that they've learned and only listen to them. They are going to try and fill in holes and teach 'new tricks' and thats about it. Other than that its pretty much monitoring cardio and getting fighters fight ready, not trainning.

We're what, 3 epsodes in? And god forbid someone hasn't gotten drunk and started a fight, or hopped a fence to see a girl, or pitched a hissy fir about his pussy hurting, or getting enimas in order to make weight., or even shitting in someone else's toilet. There are no 'bee's have feelings too' or deaf kids, orstreet fighting legends, yet. I really get the sense that alot of guys just tune in to see the idiocy that goes on once 16 guys begin to go stir crazy rather than the competition.

Just give me good fights and little bit of insight to a guys personality and I'm happy. I don't need the drama to enjoy the show.

Afro....rep'd
    CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    ??? what the hell kind of response is that? lol

For me it is the best since season 1, and one of the big reason is that there is anticipation for next weeks episode for me.. thats the only reason I enjoyed Season 1 so much.. the whole Chris Leben issue.. and seeing what would happen next week.. thats what made it great.

Who the hell argues against someones personal opinion like this lol.
    Ok let me rephrase I think the UFC did a good job with last week's episode hyping this weeks episode. And that you bought into that hype. I do not think that you will be near as excited to see next weeks episode as you are for this weeks. That's what I meant.
    Don't censor me bro!

TUF is dead to me, I haven't even watched this show yet. All I have done for the last season and probably this one is watch the marathon they have at the end of the season. The only way they could get me to watch the show every week again is to have Nog coach, I guess it has just worn off on me after a couple seasons. Seasons 1, 4, and 5 are really the only ones I have ever been interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by marco47 View Post
    Forrest has been a shitty corner coach so far but its too early to compare him to Shamrock. There is plenty of time for Forrest to do better and redeem himslef, and his team is 3-0 right now. Hell, i think most of us on this forum would be a better corner coach than Shammy.

Forrest said himself that he was a bad coach. That it wasn't ever something he saw himself doing, or planned on trying. I forget the quote, but it was something like:

"I don't know how to coach. But I do know how to run a training camp. And that's why I brought in people who actually know how to coach." Then it goes to show individually all the guys Forrest brought in to help him.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I've enjoyed it just like ive enjoyed ALL the TUF seasons. I dont watch it for the soap opera bullshit. Im watching mma...and i love it. As far as coaching goes i think Rampage and Forrest are doing pretty good...

I have really enjoyed this season so far. The coaches this year are by far the most entertaining than any other year. The fights have been pretty exciting this year, minus the LnP perfomance put on by Dante in which he clearly should have lost. I have actually found myself getting worked up and yelling at the t.v. during the fights like they can actually hear me, lol. I guess I am just becoming more of a fan? I can't wait until this week because we get to see two fights whihc means someone in the May/Brown fight is getting KTFO!

Thread Information