+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TUF Episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gmunit View Post
    i don't like talking poorly of these guys, but I do feel the same way, its like they took them based on their personalities rather than their skills
    Most of them aren't fighters so I don't consider it fighter bashing... it's more hobbiest-bashing.

MMA has obviously become a fad and there are tons of skilless people jumping into the sport... how many yuppie fucks have you heard say "I'm fighting MMA..."? I've heard quite a few... it's the "in" thing like hunting homeless people on your private island with your rich friends... it's just not as street as it used to be.

Matt Riddle is definitely a rat. He doesn't give a shit because his ass lost. But what if you were one of his teammates who still has to fight, and you'd like to choose your fight? Well your own dickhead teammate is trying to get your team to lose so that won't happen.

I thought maybe Matt Brown was some crazy psychopath, who was the favourite to win the show. Then I saw his 9-6 record, and the fact that he was allowing Jeremy May to throw super slow gumby lookin punches and landing. He didn't look as impressive as the hype made him out to be.
    The second fight reminded me of Bonnar vs. Griffin. Only difference is these 2 guys gassed after the first punch was thrown. Helluva fight though.

RIP Evan Tanner

I'm just not as excited for each new episode as I used to be. I do like the two-fights-a-night lineup, however. When the fight doesn't start until 9:56 PM, you know what's going to happen. When it starts at 9:30, you know there's no way they're going to finish that triangle choke, because this fight's going to the judges.
    THE BEST EVAHH!!11!one

none of these fighters are crisp....and most don't have outstanding records. all the leading up to Brown being badass and his record doesn't reflect it. and i'm judging a book by the cover but wagner doesn't look like a mma'r and he still got the job done. dana recruits these guys from local shows and tryouts so their not supposed to be 'proven' just yet. i always thought the intent on this show was to bring in 'raw' fighters and then have experts mold them into better fighters. judging from the fights last night all of the fighters had great opps to knee but they didn't....and if they did it didn't even connect. the fighters also never listen to the corners for advice. the winners in this round probably won't be the TUF winner. i'll keep watching cuz it's mma'ish....plus my tivo always records it.
    this sig has been approved by sandywh

"When you submit someone, there is no controversy, there is no doubt, there is only the certainty of the result. You are better than your opponent and he must submit to your technique"

Shit talkin' Jeremy roped me & I really thought that he was going to do something special,win or lose but as soon as I saw him throw his 1st wild combo of arm punches I knew he was counterfeit right away although I didn't think Matt looked that great either at least not until the big KO ending which was f***in' great. N E way Jeremy is exactly the kind of guy ppl that don't know the sport of MMA think that all mma fighters are like. He's terrible for the sport and is everything that the UFC is trying not to promote in their sport. His disrespectful,has no work ethic,is childish,has a know-it-all-already mantality,and to top it off he has to be the worst fighter I've seen so far this season. What were they thinking when they brought him in for this season anyway? I wonder who he beat to get into the house on the 1st or 2nd episode? Was it 1 of the fights that they didn't show and only announced the winner? I want to watch his 1st fight cuz I can't remember him at all and with his personality that seems like it would be impossible.
    TerribleT

Jeremy is the guy that beat Rampage's buddy. I can't remember his name off the top of my head but that is who he beat. I think he looked worse last night than he did in his fight to get on the show.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

The fights pretty much stunk. The last fight was retarded - those guys were gassed before 5 minutes was up. I know I asked this before - but what the fuck is up with their training? If you aim to be a professional fighter you should at least be able to last one round at full speed - and really you should be able to fight for 3 rounds. That was ridiculous.

them being gassed is fucked up....def. need to improve their cardio
    this sig has been approved by sandywh

"When you submit someone, there is no controversy, there is no doubt, there is only the certainty of the result. You are better than your opponent and he must submit to your technique"

Quote Originally Posted by POINDEXTER View Post
    The fights pretty much stunk. The last fight was retarded - those guys were gassed before 5 minutes was up. I know I asked this before - but what the fuck is up with their training? If you aim to be a professional fighter you should at least be able to last one round at full speed - and really you should be able to fight for 3 rounds. That was ridiculous.
    I agree they need more cardio but it is hard to improve your conditioning in just a couple of weeks. That takes time to do and if you just focus on conditioning then they don't learn the proper techinique they need to have inoder to preform well and put on a good fight. IMO the fighters should come on the show with great conditioning. Because even if they are amatures like Amir, they should at very least be in great shape prior to coming on the show. It is up to the coaches to get them coached up and help them with their technique, but it is up to the fighter to make sure they are in top shape prior to getting on the show.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information