+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WFA trying to lure Goldberg to fight MMA

Default WFA trying to lure Goldberg to fight MMA

....according to the Japanese media.

Go here for the details:

http://www.mmanews.com/article/151488252.php

Tank vs Goldberg? shoot id pay to see that!
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

That's a different rumor LOL everyone keeps saying that. That was another rumor for the X-2 MMA promotion. I actually spoke with their matchmaker about it, the rumor as I posted it was totally legit. Obviously no one expected it to happen.

This is a different rumor. The WFA is interested in getting Goldberg to fight for them. They pulled Bas Rutten out of retirement after 6 years something PRIDE and UFC couldn't do, and they out-bid the UFC for Rampage, so I guess it's possible but I seriously doubt Goldberg ever fights in a pro MMA bout.

If he ever does fight in MMA, I hope he has a more diverse move aresenal than leg lock, spear, and jackhammer like when he was in WCW and WWE. Actually I hope he doesn't I hated him as a wrestler and I would to see him get worked.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Get worked? Bad choice of words there lol, considering you're talking about a pro wrestler.

Anyway yeah, nothing would satisfy me more than to see Goldberg get stomped into shit. But only if it's against a NAME. And I don't mean a name like Tank. An up and comer. Goldberg will bring huge business with him anywhere he fights if he ever fights, so hopefully they don't just give him some absolutely nobody to walk through just so they can put his picture on a billboard and other advertising. Use him to build someone else, or lock him down to a multi-fight deal against complete walk-throughs, so at least while everyone is ordering to see Goldberg's fight, they'll see everyone on the undercard - which if whatever company he fights for is smart, will be loaded as much as possible to build new stars once Goldberg ain't around no more to draw.

I don't know if you realized it, but you pretty much just said to model Goldberg's MMA career exactly after his wrestling career. That's pretty fuckin funny.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

I hated Goldberg too.. it sickened me that the WCW painted him as this invincible fighter, and then when he went over to the WWE he had the same rep, it got annoying.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Throw him in there against Mike Pyle. Goldberg by DQ via chair shot.

i'd love to see someone knee goldberg in the face when he does the spear. the whiplash effect would be golden.

See someone back spin kick him like he did Bret Hart, ending his career.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information