Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kumite Klassic

Default Kumite Klassic

I figured I'd give you an update as to how shit was going. I competed in the Kumite in Pittsburgh this morning at white belt super heavy weight. I went 2 - 0 and took first.

Anyone else compete in this tournament or compete lately?
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

Nice dude that's rad, I haven't competed in anything since high school. That's good for you though, I'm kind of envious, I'd like to wrestle again, or maybe try judo.

IT'S A ME?!

1-0 Sig/Av Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Kimuras"R"Us View Post
    I figured I'd give you an update as to how shit was going. I competed in the Kumite in Pittsburgh this morning at white belt super heavy weight. I went 2 - 0 and took first.

Good job man, how heavy are you?

I competed last May. I won my first and lost my second to some Judo guy who got me down and held side control on me.

I am competing this Sunday in a no-gi tourny, but I am not taking it very seriously so I will see how I do.

Ifightforaliving Guest

good luck Palma

Quote Originally Posted by Ifightforaliving View Post
    good luck Palma
    Thanks man, I have no idea where my head or my weight will be at... I'm taking off tommorow and Thurday night to go back packing. I think my weight will be down but I might be kind of mellow, lol.

Ifightforaliving Guest

yo man make sure you let us know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifightforaliving View Post
    yo man make sure you let us know how you do.
    lol, I will as long as I don't get subbed in the first minute of my first fight. I am not expecting too much from this other then a learning expeirence. I have only trained no-gi 3 times this year and one of then was this week. I have a private lesson with a black belt friend of mine to go over kneebars and kneebar escapes. He gave me a video to watch before hand. Have you ever heard of Stephin Kedtling? I never had but his instruction is very good despite a very poor production on the video.

Anyways, I'm kind of worried because when I trained no-gi last Monday I gave up my back in every sparring session. I only got subbed once and I rolled out of one into an ankle lock, but I can't remember how I gave it up each time. I was pretty good about keeping the hooks out and avoided getting scored on, but I don't know what I was doing wrong.

One cool thing was Jake Shield's brother was my training partner so I learned allot about the techniques we went over (Guillatine and Guillatine escapes). That dude is fucking rediculously good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimuras"R"Us View Post

Good for you, pull off any good subs?

Thanks everyone.

I weighed in at 214 for this one. I don't even know how I got that low it was pretty much an accident.

I subbed the first guy with a kimura, and won the second fight on points.

Sorry this was so delayed in responding I was at the beach all week.

Good luck Palma, let us know how it goes.
    "Speed plus mass equals destruction" - Brock Lesnar

I won gold. I had two fights. I won my first 8 to 0. I had two takedowns and I passed his guard twice. In the finals I was up 8 to 0 after he went for a flying arm-bar right off the bat I passed his guard twice and then got mount and then finished him with a arm-triangle. My friend took a vid of half of the second fight so I will post it in a few days when he gets it to me. All in all it was a cool experience... Robert Drysdale was there and reffed most of the fights. Both of my arms are totally racked though as I got in deep arm-bars in both fight. Luckily I had retard strength to get out of them and win the fights.
    Last edited by Palma; 07-14-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Thread Information