Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What price is acceptable for a BJJ class?

Default What price is acceptable for a BJJ class?

What is a good/acceptable price for a BJJ noob for a JJ class?

I've gotten some of my friends to look into it, but I don't know if I'd be willing to commit to a year rate just yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

When I use to do BJJ it was 80 bucks a month. That also came with a membership to some shitty gym I never used. I already belong to a much nicer gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    When I use to do BJJ it was 80 bucks a month. That also came with a membership to some shitty gym I never used. I already belong to a much nicer gym.
    You beat me to it Jackass.. 80-120 is pretty normal now days because of the big happening as a trend. When I payed it was like 40-60 a month but hey that was 10 years ago hahaha.

by me it is $40 a month, or like $140 and a contract at Jorge Gurgel's school. Guess where I go?

All depends on who you train with.......Like with Jascare or someone like top dollar of like 150 but i say start small local for like 70 dollars.....
    for me its $99 dollars for Beherring BJJ

all depends upon the quality of the school, the ratio of students to instructors, the notariety of the instructors, ect.

You should expect to pay between $80 to $130 per month. If you get in schools like Cesar Gracie you can expect to pay between $160 and $220 per month.

Are you looking to learn? Are you looking to get belts quickly? These are some of the decisions that might determine the school you attend.

makes sense.

i'm just lookin to start off moderately and see if it's something i'd actually want to continue.

i have a pretty solid amount of patience, but once i get going i'm sure i'd figure out a reasonable advancement plan.

most of my estimates are comin in at $80.

just sucks that the time i finally get the opportunity to get to do it, the UFC makes it so popular that you've gotta budget gas, groceries, and MMA.

I started at $70. Than my school got it up to $90 and now 120 with an option for extra classes. You can't blame them. They start low to get students, and when they do get students they bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CESSPOOL View Post
    by me it is $40 a month, or like $140 and a contract at Jorge Gurgel's school. Guess where I go?
    You rockin the Nati? I use to go up to Jorge's gym when he was in Middletown but I haven't been since he moved off of 75 north and I moved from Hamilton to the west side of Cincinnati.

I pay $150 a month for unlimited classes. There is also a $100 rate but that limits you to only 8 classes a month. I try to get 16 classes in per month. that breaks down $9.37 per class which is pretty cheap. Plus there is a lot of open mat time that I get with that.

Thread Information