Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parody / Intentionally Bad Forum?

Default Parody / Intentionally Bad Forum?

This is probably a very dumb idea and it is late here and I've been working a lot, but here it goes:

a lot of people have been creating "fake" accounts and posting some pretty ridiculous shit. For example, "prowrestler" "l ron hubbard" and "jared shaw". I, for one, find it funny and get somewhat of a kick out of it, but can understand why people get pissed off when it ruins otherwise good threads and topics.

So why not have a forum where we can post crazy shit and not back it up, and all get a good laugh. That way, it doesn't mess up the regular forums, and when you want to post some silliness, you can post there. Hell, we can even move the terrible topics/threads from Noob Jack and the General into the new forum where we can all join in the idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by jkilla374 View Post
    This is probably a very dumb idea and it is late here and I've been working a lot, but here it goes:

a lot of people have been creating "fake" accounts and posting some pretty ridiculous shit. For example, "prowrestler" "l ron hubbard" and "jared shaw". I, for one, find it funny and get somewhat of a kick out of it, but can understand why people get pissed off when it ruins otherwise good threads and topics.

So why not have a forum where we can post crazy shit and not back it up, and all get a good laugh. That way, it doesn't mess up the regular forums, and when you want to post some silliness, you can post there. Hell, we can even move the terrible topics/threads from Noob Jack and the General into the new forum where we can all join in the idiocy.
    Here you go!........ Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post

lol

If something were to exist or created, posting there shouldn't up your post count.

Who wants cream? Nobody? Ok, no cream.

A rep-less forum would be good. Enter at your own risk. But then again, we don't really need something like that. If you want to fuck around, just go to Sherdog, as stated above. It's a good idea, but there's a time and a place for everyting, and this isn't the place. I like this forum just the way it is. Just like we don't need more weight classes, we don't need new sections here.
    THE BEST EVAHH!!11!one

Jkilla the subforum you are describing has very similar characteristics to the "hole" we used to have around here, but that off course promoted more flaming and BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Submissionist View Post
    Jkilla the subforum you are describing has very similar characteristics to the "hole" we used to have around here, but that off course promoted more flaming and BS.
    yep,thats right,and then all the flaming shit spreads all over the boards.no way to keep it in one place.you have a heated argument there then you damn well know,it will be in all the other sub forums any time the two or how ever many run across each other

In a spam free, scam free, and fraud free environment

I agree...we really don't need a place for idiots to play in here - that's what sherdog is for.

And if that doesn't work good enough for them, they can always meet up some where in public with a tape measure and compare dick sizes to see who's the real big dog in the yard...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    y din the thread end here hahahaha

People need to recognize that gimmick accounts are funny. If you don't think they are funny, then you either don't have a good sense of humor or you don't get the fact that they are a joke and are taking them too seriously.

On another forum that I frequent, I have like 20 gimmick accounts. Most of whom have less than 5 posts. Over there, gimmick accounts are a part of the culture and people recognize them for what they are. This needs to happen here. Once people recognize that they are not trolling, the humor can come out.

Gimmick accounts are hilarious. If you see something over the top, ask yourself: "Is this a joke?" If you think it may be, enjoy it for what it is. This place is pretty damn serious, a bit of silliness is not a bad thing. L Ron Hubbard, for example, is the greatest gimmick account that this forum has had. I am not him fwiw. The people who didn't get that he was a joke need to lighten up. It's all in good fun.

More gimmick accounts please!!!

Thread Information