Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the UFC did a tournament..........?

if arlovski was still in the ufc i would say him but since he isnt idk i guess i would have to go with nog

Lesnar, Rampage, Anderson Silva or GSP.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I have to agree with you, Wandy is good but Anderson has world class striking and his ground game ain't half bad if I must say so myslef. I mean hell I would hate to meet him in a back ally. I used to be against the pride guys coming over to the UFC but I have to admit some of them are the real deal.

Couture or Mir. Depends on the seeding.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I have to disagree with everyone here....I think Machida would win, he will be fresh with every fight cuz he won't get hit by anyone he faces and now that we know he has KO power, I think he would run through everybody.

OK, Rampage would go far in the UFC Open Grand Prix but i highly doubt that he would win...
    Dont get me wrong, he, great, but for one:
    Anderson would be to much to handle for him
    Nog takes a beating a while in order to catch you off guard for a take down
    And even Lesner would be too fast for him to stop his take down....
    but he does have a great chance to go far
    I would love to see Rampage Vs. Brock. I know it wont happen but one way or another it would be a devastating fight. Rampage has devastating power in his punches but Brock is more powerful and would be able to control it if it went to the ground for some GnP. Either guy could KO/TKO in the first but if it goes to the third Rampage may have better cardio even though Brock is a machine. Of course he'd have to make it th far. Pride would have made it happen. *sighs*

have to disagree with everyone here....I think Machida would win, he will be fresh with every fight cuz he won't get hit by anyone he faces and now that we know he has KO power, I think he would run through everybody.
    Machida is a remarkable fighter and I'd love to see him Vs. Brock or Kongo.
    Last edited by darkhawk42147; 02-18-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to reply to another post after having finished my first.
    <<Favorite Fighters>>

1. Junior Dos Santos - 11-1 HW
    2. Andrei Arlovski - 15-7 HW
    3. Fedor Emelianenko - 31-1 WAMMA HW champion
    4. Gegard Mousasi - 28-2 Strikeforce LHW champion
    5. Brock Lesnar - 4-1 UFC HW champion
    6. Brett Rogers 10-1 HW
    7. Antonio Silva 13-2 HW
    8. Lyoto Machida - 16-0 UFC LHW champion
    9. Muhammed Lawal - 6-0 LHW/HW
    10. Shane Carwin - 11-0 HW #1 contender

Lyoto, Rampage, Anderson Silva, GSP, LESNAR

Would have the best chances.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

As much as I am pained to say this I have to go with Lesnar. I choose Lesnar only because of his raw talent and the speed that comes along with his gargantuan size. When Lesnar gets himself a decent BJJ game and striking I can honestly see him holding onto his title for a while. I know anything can happen but with everyone gaining all around skills size does matter now. You have no idea how much it hurts to say that. If we were going by skills I would have to pick GSP or Machida.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

This depends alot of how you look at it.

You gotta keep in mind that every fighter could come in the Grand Prix at any weight they want, it wouldnt be like a 185 pound Anderson Silva would fight a 265 pound Brock Lesnar.

With that being said, I think theres alot of guys in the UFC that could pull this off. My top pick would be Lyoto Machida, he is the most elusive fighter I've ever seen and obviously he is capable of knocking people out. I just dont see him wearing down like some of the other favorites and think he would be the smartest choice to put my money on. Being the fighter known for absorbing the least amount of strikes in the UFC def. is a good thing to be in an open weight Grand Prix.

Others that I feel would have a good chance are Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, Minotauro, Rampage, GSP, Brock Lesnar and even though I hate to say this Rashad could make some moves. Dark horse for me would probably be Liddell, even though I know better than to think he could be considered a top guy for this anyone. But hey, I'll still keep the faith.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

i think a lot of you(especially those picking Nog) are forgetting one HUGE detail. Mir just beat nog. he would do it again in a tourney. i think a lot of guys could take this one. the question is, who can stop mir from LnP his way to a win? i'm happy that lesnar isn't at all a LnP artist, but i have a feeling his shot is too quick for anyone to stop. i'd like to see him vs Liddell. thatr would be sweet. i think an anderson silva would go far, seeing as he could come in at a natural 215 or so instead of cutting down at all. i think Mir would have solid chances of winning, as well as Rampage, though he would have trouble with mir, nog, and lesnar. i think Couture would even have a good chance against Page
    "Looks like he's taking a book out of Chuck's Chapter!" - Mike Goldberg, world famous moron

Thread Information