Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the UFC did a tournament..........?

I'd say Rampage and Mir would meet up in the finals but Rampage couldn't handle him. Mir is to technical and his submissions are ridiculous

after UFC 100, it honestly looks like Lesnar would take this home as much as it pains me to say it. He looks to have mastered control of opponents, and if it's open weight, he's going to be coming in at around 290-300. Brock also has a ridiculous gas tank for such a big man. in the end i think his size will be too much for everybody especially since at this point i don't think he's new enough to the sport where his skills are so bad that someone will be able to overcome a possible 40-70 lb disadvantage. I also am not a Brock fan to make things clear

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    if arlovski was still in the ufc i would say him but since he isnt idk i guess i would have to go with nog
    id say CC could win it since he won the pride openweight grand prix

possible winners by division

HW- lesnar, nog, CC

LHW- machida- shogun-page-evans

MW- anderson-wand-hendo-marquardt-maia

WW- GSP-Fitch-alves???- hughes?????

LW- penn-florian-diaz-stevenson ( made mir tap once didnt he?)
    Dan "The G.O.A.T." Henderson

Member of the Demian Maia fan club

Anderson VS Shogun 2012 Dana make it happen

Every weight class included? I'd go with Anderson Silva.

Here's my list of highest 5 fighters I considered and ranked from 1st down to 5th:

1. A. Silva
    2. L. Machida
    3. Brock Lesnar
    4. Big Nog
    5. Rampage

Now, why would I have A. Silva & Machida ahead of Lesnar? Well, it's a tournament and all in my head so I would have their movement, striking abilities, jiu-jitsu knowledge, and experience listed as the factors in the fight. I don't know that they would actually beat him, but Brock isn't nearly as crafty as they are. Is crafty important? Maybe it is.

Wow anyone could take this depending on conditoning and injuries during fights. I'll pick BJ Penn.

mma fanatic
    HawaiiUFC.com - UFC Gear, UFC Videos, UFC Books, UFC News, and More.

The old school style would mean the 8 man tournament, starting with four fights, then two, then the main event.....so first we'd have to pick which 8 fighters to go with. How about these:

1) Brock Lesnar
    2) Shane Carwin
    3) Anderson Silva
    4) Lyoto Machida
    5) GSP
    6) Wanderlei Silva
    7) Big Nog
    8) Rampage Jackson

You have to consider that in many of those old tournaments fighters that won fights could not move forward because they got hurt in earlier fights. On my list, I see Big Nog as having the highest probability of winning a fight but not being able to move forward because of doctors orders. I see Brock Lesnar as having the highest probability of getting through fights with minimal damage; even higher than lighting fast Anderson Silva.

An 8-man tournament using the fighters on my list, I'd put money on Lesnar.

7. Default

ALL BLACKHOUSE FINAL = Lyoto, A Silva, Big Nog and the outside final member is Carwin
    Last edited by TBEAR; 11-13-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Fedor

The final four would be Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, Frank Mir, and unfortunately GSP. Either way, I got BJ Penn winning it all because I believe that he is THE MOST TALENTED fighter in the UFC, hell, the world. Mir would come in second, unless of course he had to fight BJ lol. I just can't root for Anderson after all of this whining about not wanting to fight so and so, and then deciding when Vitor was brought up to get his surgery done. As far as GSP, I just hate him haha
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    The final four would be Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, Frank Mir, and unfortunately GSP. Either way, I got BJ Penn winning it all because I believe that he is THE MOST TALENTED fighter in the UFC, hell, the world. Mir would come in second, unless of course he had to fight BJ lol. I just can't root for Anderson after all of this whining about not wanting to fight so and so, and then deciding when Vitor was brought up to get his surgery done. As far as GSP, I just hate him haha
    What kind of crack are you on? Mir weighs 100 lbs more than Penn. I don't care how damn skilled you are, nobody can overcome 100 lbs, especially against a fighter as talented as Mir. GSP too, too small, he would get beat by (insert HW here)

Thread Information