Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tae Kwon Do

Default Tae Kwon Do

not sure where to put this haha, but i had my first test for tkd last night and passed (obviously or i wouldn't be posting haha) but it's the first belt i've ever earned in anything so i wanted to share it with you guys. been really busy lately if anyone has noticed my lack of posts but plan on making a comeback soon haha..

white belt -> yellow stripe was my belt incase anyone was wondering.. took me a few months alot of fun, and helping my flexibility for grappling big time.

Fav fighters: Kid Yamamoto, GSP, Shogun, Fedor, A.Silva, Bj Penn

Hey man. Congrates. I remember when I got my first stripe. It was exciting lol.

Tae Kwon Do is great for a lot of things and it will help your overall game in certain ways.

Umm.. I am not completely sure where to put this to be honest. I would assume into the Kickboxing Forum (which should really be the "Strikers Forum" lol).

congrats man

congrats man, just tested last week for my black belt purple stripe.....
    little then less than half way there, so i know how it feels to get that first belt..... good job

Ifightforaliving Guest

thats awesome man. I am all for training in anything and everything. And there is no better feeling than earning a rank!

thanks guys

totally agree ifight, it's my first belt and it feels amazing haha.. i had to break a board with a step in thrust / sidekick and i was soo nervous i smashed the blackbelts hand up pretty bad but got it easy on my second try when i took my time hahah..

I get to spar now tho which is a huge deal for me, cardio/speed wise and getting my reflexes up to where they need to be.

It's all coming together, my diet / working harder / learning to balance weight issues and when to just rest.

Grats, I remember when I got yellow on TKD.
    I could've got black belt if i stayed longer, but I decided against it.
    Wasn't liking it that much.

Fav Fighters;
    Hughes. Stevenson. Franklin. A Silva. W Silva. R Couture. Liddell. Cro Cop. Fedor.
    'Shogun' Rua. F Griffin. BJ Penn. Big Nog. Lesnar. Boestch. Hazelett. G Harris.
    Henderson. Huerta. Guida. Arlovski. N Marquardt. Reljic. M Brown.
    Saunders. Carwin. Jardine. Manhoef.

http://www.nomercyathletics.com

Lol Steve. I see you really like that yellow stripe. Nice Av

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Lol Steve. I see you really like that yellow stripe. Nice Av
    hahaha yea yea i love it.

gonna change soon tho

no offense to anyone who's a tkd fan or to the thread starter... but, how damn easy is it to get a belt in tkd? shit, i see 6 to 10 year old kids, boys and girls, walking around here in my apartment complex and on the street w/black belts (i live in korea.. just outside of seoul).

i think i was about 11 when i had my checker belt and that's here in korea as well.

i think if you're taking tkd to learn flexibility and to get your reflexes together... there are much better traditional martial arts you can take where you'll become a better "fighter" in a shorter amount of time then it would take you in something like tae kwon do.

all the bad habits you learn in tkd (stance, hands down, etc) may hinder your progress if you're trying to build this into mma training (which from your posts, i'm assuming you are?)
    lemme touch your feet

Thread Information