Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is is wrong with the snowman's game plan?

monsons boring how? because hes good on the ground. he has 2 decisions in his last 10 fights and the rest are by sub. not liking the guy is cool but dismissing him because of it is stupid. he a very good fighter.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

Its caind of stupid on my part to judge him on his fights ive seen on UFC, but maybe it is because i just dont like him

3. Default

Monson is not a boring fighter. He is a very accomplished grappler, and a talented fighter. Whether or not he will be a contender is up to him. He has the talent, but obviously everyone who has the talent doesn't end up wearing the belt.

Monson isn't boring, unless you are just judging him by his fight with Pe De Pano. Watch some of his other matches. The dude has skills, and is a fun fighter to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Monson is not a boring fighter. He is a very accomplished grappler, and a talented fighter. Whether or not he will be a contender is up to him. He has the talent, but obviously everyone who has the talent doesn't end up wearing the belt.
    the dude already is a contender he's next in line after AA.

6. Default

Didn't know that. Thanks. Be interesting to see Monson fight Silvia. That height difference would be ridiculous. Anyone think Monson could neutralize the difference, avoid and defend Silvia's striking?

Didn't know that. Thanks. Be interesting to see Monson fight Silvia. That height difference would be ridiculous. Anyone think Monson could neutralize the difference, avoid and defend Silvia's striking?
    a better question would be can silvia avoid getting tangled up with monson, can silvia defend against the submission?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    a better question would be can silvia avoid getting tangled up with monson, can silvia defend against the submission?
    Good point. I don't think Silvia would stand a chance on the ground, I just wonder if the reach advantage that Silvia has isn't so extreme that Monson would be unable to close the distance. That's a long way to go on someone who has a at least a little bit of a takedown defense. You're right though, Monson would be free to take his sub as he pleased if it went to the ground, assuming he had the time to work it. I feel it going to a decision.

Good point. I don't think Silvia would stand a chance on the ground, I just wonder if the reach advantage that Silvia has isn't so extreme that Monson would be unable to close the distance. That's a long way to go on someone who has a at least a little bit of a takedown defense. You're right though, Monson would be free to take his sub as he pleased if it went to the ground, assuming he had the time to work it. I feel it going to a decision.
    all he's got to do is catch silvia over extending and he'll have a shot at shooting in, but dont under estimate monsons stand up, and dont under estimate silias ground game, theres a reason thier both at the top of the food chain and its not because thier one dimensional fighters, the reason i like monson over silvia is experience and the fact that the dude is just a horse thats never disappointed

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    all he's got to do is catch silvia over extending and he'll have a shot at shooting in, but dont under estimate monsons stand up, and dont under estimate silias ground game, theres a reason thier both at the top of the food chain and its not because thier one dimensional fighters, the reason i like monson over silvia is experience and the fact that the dude is just a horse thats never disappointed
    I understand that they are both multi-dimensional fighters, but Silvia has yet to show a really significant ground game. That's not to say that he doesn't have one, but Monson is an Abu-Dhabi champ, I just don't think Silvia could realistically compete with that. Not in the long run of a 5 round fight.

Thread Information