Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather JR vs Oscar De La Hoya

Default Floyd Mayweather JR vs Oscar De La Hoya

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000352

check at the top, schedueled fights

so who do you guys think wins this one? my cash is on Floyd Jr.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

I'd have to go with Mayweather also, but I don't think it's a guarantee. DLH can hang with anyone, especially someone smaller than him who probably won't be able to knock him out. I don't see Mayweather clear-cut dancing circles around him to win a decision, so it could be an interesting fight.

This is a fight i would not bet a lot of money on if i were you. Mayweather has for the most part been relatively sheltered. His biggest money fight was against gatti who is a warrior that stands and fights. Mayweather picked him apart as was expected. His fight with Kostya Zyu (sp) was prob his toughest test and he couldn't finish him. He says he will fight anyone but he has been ducking a lot of talented fighters namely Callizone (SP)and hatton, who has repeatedly called him out. Mayweather's excuse has been the payday is not big enough. I think if he fights DLH he will be exposed as a great technician with no power. He is one classic DLH left hook from being exposed. But then again he is a great technician with good footwork and it may be a 12 round decision going either way.

Mayweather never fought Kostya Tszyu. I'm not sure who that first guy is your talking about him ducking but the only person i'd say would be Margarito but that's because he wants the big dough for Oscar which is a smart move. And i definately wouldn't say he's ducking Hatton, he'd give him a boxing lesson from bell to bell. If he fights Oscar he better do it at 147lbs because if he moves up to 154lbs that might be playing right into Oscar's hands. At 147lbs this is an awesome fight and i wouldn't be dropping any money on betting i'd just sit back and enjoy the show!

great fight but i still wish he was fighting margarito. i guess 20 mil is better then 8 mil. i hope mayweather wins because dey la hoya is a draw whether he wins or loses and i want to see mayweather margarito. i think mayweather takes it but i wouldnt be suprised to see de la hoya take the first to set up a few more fight and make some more money because thats all boxings about anyway.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

My bad i was thinking of Zab Judah. If he wants a payday hatton in england would fill whichever venue he wants to fight in. I have been following Hatton for a while and am a big fan if for no other reason than i love the facial expression when some one goes down from a clean body shot and hatton works the body better than most.

hatton doesnt come close to the drawing power de la hoya has especially in the states. mayweather is the attraction against anyone except oscar when its oscar. so the oscar fight makes him the most money by far and then he can go back and beat the rest of them after he is done.

I think hatton would prove a much tougher test than you think. Hatton is a brawler with skills. Either way i will end up buying the PPV regardless. I don't know if its his attitude or whatever but i just don't like mayweather. Can't wait for him to take a beating.

You are correct for drawing power in the states but in the UK Hatton is huge. DLH is the biggest name in boxing period. He could fight my grandmother and sell out the staples center. LOL

mayweather is to quick for hatton and he doesnt have the reach to get to floyd. hatton needs to be inside and floyd just has to good of boxing skills for that to happen. thats why margarito is a threat because hes the total package aswell.

Thread Information