Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather JR vs Oscar De La Hoya

Which is why mayweather won't fight Margarito. I have watched hatton fight and he reminds me of a very good Micky ward. Take 5 to land 1. He is always pressing the action. no dancing he is there to fight. I don't think reach would be an issue but hand speed would. Mayweather would be able to see the punches coming and avoid them. Hatton really doesn't throw the flurries he would see from mayweather.

i agree with you there that mayweather would see hattons punches and hes to quick for him. i thought u said hatton was gonna give him a test? because it sounds like from that post that you agree that mayweather handles him.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

I am just stating some of the advantages mayweather would have. I personally think Hatton's bullying style would wear mayweather down somewhere between rounds 6 and 8. Then we would see what mayweather had in the tank. I don't think he has the heart to survive a war with hatton. The first 4-5 rounds i would see going mayweather's way then the fight shifting to hatton in the later rounds. I think he is more physically dominant than mayweather. That is why i think hatton would be a tough fight for mayweather to win. And i could def see hatton pulling off the victory.

did you watch the judah fight? judah was winning the first few rounds and then mayweather just took over. he can last all twelve rounds and the bullying style only works when u can get inside. better and quicker boxers havent been able to do that to mayweather.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

Mayweather would do what Collazo tried to do to, and half-ass successfully did against Hatton ...only times 100 better.

jsut out of curiosity was the collazo fight the only hatton fight you have seen? He used to be on showbox pretty frequently. Thats where i became a fan of his and having watched some of those are the reason i think he has a legit shot at beating mayweather.

I've seen lots of Hatton's fights and i'm telling you he has no shot at Mayweather ESPECIALLY at 147lbs. Hatton has a very padded record because he's fought a bunch of no names and the names he has fought were past their primes. Tszyu was his biggest win and that was a dirty fight that Hatton got away with murder in because it was in his backyard. He streak will end real soon. I think Collazo will beat him in a rematch. Hatton's decent at 140lbs but 147lbs is out of his class, guys are too big for him there and Mayweather is just too slick and too good an all around boxer for Hatton to do anything with he would literally make him look like an amature and i'm no Mayweather fan. He'll drop back to 140lbs like he hinted after his last fight, he knows he's out of his league there and someone like Margarito would also make him look foolish. Don't underestimate Mayweather's power either. He might not have one punch KO power but he has what Cotto has, constant shots landing that add up and finish fights later on.

Perhaps i am looking at this with Jaded glasses. I am not a fan of mayweather. I am really looking forward to him losing and there are not many out there that can do it. he won't fight Margarito so i am kinda pinning my hopes on hatton (at 140) with a big payday against mayweather at 147 or 140 if mayweather would come down.. I don't think mayweather has been hit with a body shot like hatton can deliver. If he fights mayweather the body shot is how he will win. I agree the Tsyzu fight was a borderline mugging that he got away with but if he got away with something like that against mayweather he can win.

Besides who gave silvia any kind of a shot at beating arlovski? I know i didn't. I was 100% certain AA would give him another clinic inside 3 minutes.

I'm a Mayweather fan, and that dude is the man. He's the pound for pound best in the sport, the best fighter in the sport today in my opinion. Hatton in my opinion is nothing more than a glorified brawler with primative skills. I've always been waiting for him to be exposed. Quite honestly I didn't think Collazo would be the guy to do it, I thought it was another easy fight for Hatton, but yeah I've been waiting for a good boxer to make Hatton look like a fool. Collazo came pretty close, Mayweather would down right embarass him.

Thread Information