Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather JR vs Oscar De La Hoya

Hatton is a brawler that is what i like about him. That is also why i like Mickey ward and gatti. Mayweather is the P4P king right now. I think my biggest problem is he wins too many fights by decision. yes he dominates fighters with his speed and skill but i have never really seen him hurt. I don't know what kind of heart he has. Look what happen to Wvaldimir Klitscho when Corrie sanders knocked him out the first time. Everyone was saying he was unstoppable but he didn't know how to recover from a knock down. It took him three fights to figure that out. I don't know if that will happen to mayweather but until i see it i am not sold on him.

I don't know, Mayweather has gone 12 rounds with some awesome fighters and they haven't been able to really ever hurt him that I can recall. Klitschko wasn't dominating all the best people in the sport at the time en route to his reputation that eventually came crashing down. Mayweather is just too damn good right now, the only way we'll ever see him hurt is if someone connects wildly with something like Castillo was doing in the first fight (my memory isn't the greatest so I might be thinking of the Jesus Chavez fight or another one from his past) and he overcame it. The only other way we'll see him really facing danger is if he keeps climbing up the weight classes in search of bigger money. Eventually he'll go too far. Beyond that at his weight and all around it I don't see him having too much problems with anyone. I think Magarito is the most interesting fight for him from a die-hard boxing fans perspective, DLH is the one most wanted right now though.

I pretty much agree with everything you just said. Perhaps he will get got by something like a mayorga V forrest type punch. I also agree that the margarito fight is the one boxing fans want to see. In the same way i would personally rather see DLH fight Tito again.

Shifts over i'm going home. It is kinda nice to be paid to post in forums. I'll be back on around 11 or 12 tomorrow afternoon. take it easy

I know what you mean about getting paid to post. lol

Anyways, Mayweather was rocked by Correly and had his problems with Castillo is the first fight. He's been tested and he has a chin plus a recovery rate like Rich Franklin where he recovers in a matter of seconds. His defense is the reason why you don't see him hurt often, you're not suppose to get hurt to prove yourself. You prove yourself by avoiding that situation all together, but yeah he has heart and chin to so forget about that being a question mark.

paid to post? how do i get that deal.
    Fabricio Werdum, The Future

i became a correctional officer.

lol, i need a job like that. im about to try and get fired from my valet job ive about had it.

but anyway what are the rumors for the date of this fight?

september 16th would be the date. oscar was on wednesday nigth fights and said its retirement or floyd thats it. i'm pretty sure it's happening because now he'll look like a coward if he doesn't because it's talked about so much and floyd's dad pretty much gave the ok. plus there's way to much money to be made. oscar vs bernard almost reach 1,000,000 buys this one definately will. i cant even fathom how much oscar would make but my guess would be roughly and a minimum of around $50 mil.

well if hes co promoting or promoting the whole thing. i dont know who mayweather is signed with. then hes gonna make a rediculous amount of money.

So the chances are good it will happen? Boxingrec.com has it listed for September. I don't know how reliable they are, but they have the fighter database for boxers as extensive as Sherdog's.

Thread Information