Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favre Watch 2008. Post Brett Favre Updates Here

Shocking to see that Favre is going to the Jets. I agree with thecoylewis about the Jets... they have a pretty solid team and greatly needed a QB, and they got one hell of a QB in Brett Favre. Still though, the AFC is much different then the NFC. Favre will learn fast.

Throwing big looping passes into triple coverage against the Pats will be nothing like throwing big looping passes into triple coverage against the Lions. lol

The Jets have quietly built a pretty decent o-line over the last few years. They drafted LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold a few years back, G Brandon Moore has been a pretty consistent starter over the last three years and they signed Alan Fancea in the offseason.

According to Adam Schefter, he was dealt for a conditional 4th rounder that will escalate with playing time. If he takes 50% of the snaps, it becomes a 3rd rounder. If he takes 70% and the Jets make the playoffs, it's a 2nd rounder. If he takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets somehow make it to the Super Bowl, it's a first rounder. Using some reason and common sense, dealing at worst a late 2nd rounder for Brett Favre (come on...we know the Jets aren't going to make the Super Bowl) is a pretty good deal. There is also a one-and-done clause in the contract which works as follows...

-If the Jets owe a 1st rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green Bay's 5th rounder in '10.

-If the Jets owe a 2nd rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green bay's 6th rounder in '10

-If the Jets owe a 3rd rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get Green Bay's 7th rounder in '10.

-If the Jets owe a 4th rounder and Favre retires after '09, they get jack shit and a joy of knowing their starting QB in '10 will be either Kellen Clemens or Erik Ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifightforaliving View Post
    HAHAHA he went to the Jets that is funny. Doesn't matter they will suck either way. I see Favre sitting on his ass after a record year for sacks. He would have been better with GB. They have the better O line Dline and all around team. HAHAHAHA
    The jets have a better O line. You probaly don't even know anybody on the Jets line.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoylewis View Post
    I think the Jets may surprise you. They made a lot of improvements this offseason and only needed a quarterback.

I think it's ludicrous that the only reason Mike McCarthy is the coach of the Packers because 2 years ago he was brought in because he was formerly Favre's QB coach and they wanted him to try and keep Favre around for a few years. Fast forward 2 years and he's running Favre out of town.

I hope the Pack is a colossal failure this year and McCarthy and Ted Thompson are sent packing.
    Agreed. I gotta spread the love first.

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

NFL Shop

Hey PA99, NFL Shop is already taking orders for the Favre Jets jersey.

Wow, so weird! I guess we gotta get used to it.

I'll pass on paying $80 for 1 season maybe 2 of him playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoylewis View Post
    I think the Jets may surprise you. They made a lot of improvements this offseason and only needed a quarterback.

I think it's ludicrous that the only reason Mike McCarthy is the coach of the Packers because 2 years ago he was brought in because he was formerly Favre's QB coach and they wanted him to try and keep Favre around for a few years. Fast forward 2 years and he's running Favre out of town.

I hope the Pack is a colossal failure this year and McCarthy and Ted Thompson are sent packing.
    The Jets need alot more than a QB! There rushing defense was 29th last year. Thomas Jones once again proved he can not stay healthy and that no other RB on the team can step up. Plus, he will be 30...just when RB's tend to lose a step.....Shaun Alexander ring a bell? Their #1 TE is having a contract dispute. Coles is going to be 31 and has injury problems. The Oline is the only thing they have going for them. They need playmakers and they don't have any. Favre is done. He's gonna throw 30+ INT's because they will be playing from behind almost every game. The Jets, at best will be 8-8 but I think 6-10 is more realistic. Thats giving them 2 wins vs Miami and Buffalo and wins against KC and SF. Maybe they beat Oakland and St Louis but I think those 2 teams have improved way more than the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth696969 View Post
    The Jets need alot more than a QB! There rushing defense was 29th last year. Thomas Jones once again proved he can not stay healthy and that no other RB on the team can step up. Plus, he will be 30...just when RB's tend to lose a step.....Shaun Alexander ring a bell? Their #1 TE is having a contract dispute. Coles is going to be 31 and has injury problems. The Oline is the only thing they have going for them. They need playmakers and they don't have any. Favre is done. He's gonna throw 30+ INT's because they will be playing from behind almost every game. The Jets, at best will be 8-8 but I think 6-10 is more realistic. Thats giving them 2 wins vs Miami and Buffalo and wins against KC and SF. Maybe they beat Oakland and St Louis but I think those 2 teams have improved way more than the Jets.
    We added Calvin Pace, Vernon Gholston, and Kris Jenkins to improve our defense. Thomas Jones did ok but he'll do better next year with our improved offensive line. Leon Washington has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL he won most valuable Jet last year and everyone still writes him off. We drafted Dustin Keller to improve our TE and we signed Bubba Franks we might do fine without Baker. Did you type that whole post without even looking at what the Jets did to improve their team last offseason. Favre throwing 30 ints:headscratch: yeah okay I'll legally change my name to Tom Brady if that happens. And how is Favre done after finishing 2nd in mvp voting last year. All your points make no sense your post is one big failure.

I backed up everything I said. Calvin Pace has had 1 good year which was last year where he doubled every stat catagory for his damn 5 year career. That makes him good? Vernon Gholston is a rookie and hasn't done shit in the NFL. Most question if he should have even been a top 10 guy. He had 1 good game vs Michigan and everyone is on his nuts. Kris Jenkins has had 6.5 sacks in 4 years and has missed an entire season due to injury in 2005. How is Leon Washington underrated? 1003 yards and 7 TD's in 2 years in under rated??? So you would take 500 yards and 3 TD's a year from your RB? Last year in the 4 games he started he had 16 rushes for 47 yards with no TD's. Leon Washington - New York Jets - Split Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    He won MVP of the Jets because the whole team was garbage.

Look at Favre's situational stats. He is great with a lead but is no better than average when tied or losing.
    Brett Favre - New York Jets - Situational Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports Oh and what has happened in the last 2 NFC Championship games Favre has been in? He threw crutial 4th quarter INT's causing his team to lose. I guess throwing into quadrouple coverage does come back to bite you in the ass. Also, with no PROVEN running game, defenses are gonna key in on Favre and blitz his ass off....sounds like a lot of quadrouple coverage passes are coming to the Meadowlands.
    Bubba Franks hasn't done shit since 2004 with a total of 68 receptions, 571 yards, and 4 TDs in 3 seasons since. Baker damn near did that by himself last year with 41 receptions, 409 yards, and 3 TD's.

I actually like the Jets and hope they do good but they have nothing working for them. Thank God their division, excluding New England, is horrible. The Jets could possibly have a top 5 pick next year.

So I just disproved everything you said with stats to back them all up. Anything else you would like to add for me to prove you wrong on?
    Last edited by bigsmooth696969; 08-08-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth696969 View Post
    When you first joined the forums, I enjoyed reading your posts. Lately it seems all you do is bitch, complain and disrespect someone with every post. That's saying ALOT from me considering I'm bad for it at times as well.

The fact remains, you have a skewed view on everything.

While Favre joining the Jets likely won't make them a Super Bowl contender, it will definitely make them better. Just by Favre joining the team, the Jets running game improves because now defenses now can't put 8 in the box and dare Pennington or Clemens to beat them. Washington and Jones will get 1,000 each this year, you write it down.

Coles may be 31 but he's still got what it takes. Jericho Cottchery may be one of the most underrated players in the league.

They also did plenty to upgrade their defense. It's no stretch of the imagination at all to think they could go 10-6 this year. Look at New Orleans 2 years ago. They went from 2-14 to 11-5 just by upgrading a quarterback.

Keep in mind, I'm not a big Jets fan. I just think this helps them. I don't expect you to understand because you're a self professed Favre hater which will automatically skew your vision on the matter.

Thread Information