Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Favre Watch 2008. Post Brett Favre Updates Here

  1. #31
    Ifightforaliving Guest

    Default

    I think the Jets will be better no doubt,however if anyone thinks that this team is better in anyway(with the exception possibly at QB) than GB was they are dreaming. I actually hope he makes a difference there if only because I want to watch the Jets put up a fight in their division.

    I really hope we don't get pennington.Fucking choke machine. I wish we had gotten Garcia before Tampa Bay.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifightforaliving View Post
    I think the Jets will be better no doubt,however if anyone thinks that this team is better in anyway(with the exception possibly at QB) than GB was they are dreaming. I actually hope he makes a difference there if only because I want to watch the Jets put up a fight in their division.

    I really hope we don't get pennington.Fucking choke machine. I wish we had gotten Garcia before Tampa Bay.
    I actually think Green Bay is now in the position NY was in. They have all of the pieces they need except a QB. Their top 2 quarterbacks have 0 starts between them and Rogers has looked terrible so far in camp and in their scrimmage.

    I actually hope the Vikes do sign Pennington. I would like to see that. I think Pennington will surprise you.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifightforaliving View Post
    I think the Jets will be better no doubt,however if anyone thinks that this team is better in anyway(with the exception possibly at QB) than GB was they are dreaming. I actually hope he makes a difference there if only because I want to watch the Jets put up a fight in their division.

    I really hope we don't get pennington.Fucking choke machine. I wish we had gotten Garcia before Tampa Bay.
    Pennington is a good quarterback when he is healthy and has a good line backing him up. He is a very smart accurate quarterback and one of the best play action pass quarterbacks out there. He just can't throw the ball deep but if you get 06 Pennington the Vikings will make the playoffs for sure. I'm sad the Jets don't have Pennington anymore I liked him but Favre is much better so I understand. I also don't know what to do with my Vilma and Pennington Jerseys haha.

    HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

  4. #34
    Ifightforaliving Guest

    Default

    yeah,but thats the problem I hope he is the 06 version,because as of late he hasn't looked good. Also nice fucking sig. Mousasi is the shit.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pa99fighter View Post
    Pennington is a good quarterback when he is healthy and has a good line backing him up. He is a very smart accurate quarterback and one of the best play action pass quarterbacks out there. He just can't throw the ball deep but if you get 06 Pennington the Vikings will make the playoffs for sure. I'm sad the Jets don't have Pennington anymore I liked him but Favre is much better so I understand. I also don't know what to do with my Vilma and Pennington Jerseys haha.
    Agreed! Pennington is solid. You're never gonna get 300 yard 4 TD games but he's gonna give you 200 yards and a TD or 2. If he has a good line and RB, he can thrive. I always thought Chad would do really well and he has in some cases. His shoulder injuries have really hurt him though. Now, in his career, I believe he could be better served as a backup who can start and give you a very solid chance to win.

    Thecoylewis, hey man, you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. I am a die hard sports fan and I get really passionate on subjects. I am sorry you don't share my views on things but when I come with an arguement, I bring stats. I backed up everything I said with stats. I believe Favre is a great player, but I think his hype is blown way out of proportion, especially at this stage of his career. I get upset when I back my points up and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Stats do not lie. I don't see how you think the first post I wrote was bitching. Now the second post, oh you better believe I was bitching. When someone tells me my points make no sense, even with stats to back them up, I tend to get upset because its like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

    Washington and Jones both get 1000 rushing yards???? You wanna sig/av bet on that?
    Last edited by bigsmooth696969; 08-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth696969 View Post
    Thecoylewis, hey man, you are entitled to your opinion and thats fine. I am a die hard sports fan and I get really passionate on subjects. I am sorry you don't share my views on things but when I come with an arguement, I bring stats. I backed up everything I said with stats. I believe Favre is a great player, but I think his hype is blown way out of proportion, especially at this stage of his career. I get upset when I back my points up and people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Stats do not lie. I don't see how you think the first post I wrote was bitching. Now the second post, oh you better believe I was bitching. When someone tells me my points make no sense, even with stats to back them up, I tend to get upset because its like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

    Washington and Jones both get 1000 rushing yards???? You wanna sig/av bet on that?
    I applaud you for sticking to your guns. I was pointing out that over the last several weeks, your posts have turned bitter and negative.

    I'm glad that you are passionate and back your arguments up. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much.

    However, don't always rely on stats. They can be very deceiving at times.

    As far as Jones-Washington getting 1000 each, Jones rushed for more than a thousand last year and Washington has rushed for an average of 500 over the past 2 years and that's without the O-line they have now and with questionable quarterback play. Is it really unreasonable to believe that with a better O-line and a quarterback that will back the defenses off that they can both get 1000 yards barring an injury?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecoylewis View Post
    I applaud you for sticking to your guns. I was pointing out that over the last several weeks, your posts have turned bitter and negative.

    I'm glad that you are passionate and back your arguments up. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much.

    However, don't always rely on stats. They can be very deceiving at times.

    As far as Jones-Washington getting 1000 each, Jones rushed for more than a thousand last year and Washington has rushed for an average of 500 over the past 2 years and that's without the O-line they have now and with questionable quarterback play. Is it really unreasonable to believe that with a better O-line and a quarterback that will back the defenses off that they can both get 1000 yards barring an injury?
    Its not unreasonable at all. Here is my reason why this will not happen. Favre is a pass first QB, right? The offense will be keyed around him. For Washington and Jones both to get 1000 yards each, You would have to give them each atleast 20 carries a game and I think it is unlikely with Favre as QB. Washington, from what I have been reading, is going to be the PR/KR so I don't see him being a huge contributer at RB. I see him as a 3rd down back or a guy who can spell Jones for a few plays. Jones has too many injuries for me to count on him 100%. I think between the 2 of them, 1500 yards is a reasonable projection.

    I do sometimes come across as bitching but its hard to convey your true emotions with text. I have never been a Favre fan and I think his time has come. He does make the Jets better but the 1 or 2 years they have him for, it could be used to making Clemens better. Kinda like the same thing in GB. Rodgers was drafted to be the guy when Favre retired. Clemens was drafted to take over for Pennington. I think a potential 4th or 3rd round pick for Favre was a steal for the Jets. There is not a realistic chance of a Super Bowl to make it a 2nd or 1st round pick.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth696969 View Post
    Its not unreasonable at all. Here is my reason why this will not happen. Favre is a pass first QB, right? The offense will be keyed around him. For Washington and Jones both to get 1000 yards each, You would have to give them each atleast 20 carries a game and I think it is unlikely with Favre as QB. Washington, from what I have been reading, is going to be the PR/KR so I don't see him being a huge contributer at RB. I see him as a 3rd down back or a guy who can spell Jones for a few plays. Jones has too many injuries for me to count on him 100%. I think between the 2 of them, 1500 yards is a reasonable projection.

    I do sometimes come across as bitching but its hard to convey your true emotions with text. I have never been a Favre fan and I think his time has come. He does make the Jets better but the 1 or 2 years they have him for, it could be used to making Clemens better. Kinda like the same thing in GB. Rodgers was drafted to be the guy when Favre retired. Clemens was drafted to take over for Pennington. I think a potential 4th or 3rd round pick for Favre was a steal for the Jets. There is not a realistic chance of a Super Bowl to make it a 2nd or 1st round pick.
    Favre is normally a pass first QB but that will change while he learns teh offense. Also, Ryan Grant rushed for more yards last year than any other RB in the league in games he played.

    And it won't take 20 carries a game to get 1000. 1000 isn't very many in today's NFL. 1000 yards is only a 62 yard per game average. You can get that in less than 15 carries with a measly 4 yards per carry average.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thecoylewis View Post
    Favre is normally a pass first QB but that will change while he learns teh offense. Also, Ryan Grant rushed for more yards last year than any other RB in the league in games he played.

    And it won't take 20 carries a game to get 1000. 1000 isn't very many in today's NFL. 1000 yards is only a 62 yard per game average. You can get that in less than 15 carries with a measly 4 yards per carry average.
    Yeah but with Jones as your clear cut starter, I just don't see the carries there for Leon to get to 1000 yards.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth696969 View Post
    Yeah but with Jones as your clear cut starter, I just don't see the carries there for Leon to get to 1000 yards.
    You may be surprised. There are alot of 2 back systems in the league now and I think Washington will be utilized more.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •