+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock vs. Fedor

Default Brock vs. Fedor

What would Fedor do with Brock? I haven't seen a lot of Fedor's fights but I fondly remember him stalking Crocop relentlessly and, of course, his superfast interior attack on Big Tim. Could Tim have looked any slower?

I am trying to imagine what Fedor's strategy would be. Would he just let himself be taken down and grab the first submission that presents itself? Most of Fedor's big opponents have been slow. Brock is as fast as a lightweight. I can imagine Fedor getting taken down or hit quickly and then getting very angry. But it is hard to imagine him overwhelming Brock.

Discuss.

G

Fedor is God. He will destory all comers. Including Brock Lesnar. And Jesus Christ himself better watch his ass, cuz i herd on sherdog fedor has beef.

Simple... tap Brock out.

Brock is not ready for a fighter like that. He was even too inexperienced to defeat Mir. If Mir was not as seasoned as he is in his sub game then Brock may of very well won that fight. That is where I think everything played into his advantage when he faced Herring. Herring is not the greatest wrestler and he does not have a big sub game.

Until Brock gets a solid sub d then he will most likely lose to strong submission fighters.

Brock may be successful if he can take Fedor down and basically LnP and avoid subs.

I woudl put money on Brock getting the takedown if he wanted it, but Fedor will still sub him with ease.

You can clearly see in Brocks last fight he's still very much a wrestler, keeping his base wide to keep balance, avoiding putitng any hooks in, etc. Fedor woudl simply arm bar or knee bar him.

Brock showed some serious power in his striking but it's nothing Fedor hasn't seen before and the same can't be said for Brock.

I'm far from a Fedor nut hugger, I was once quoted as saying "Fedors next opponent will probably be a one armed midget riding a donkey", but that's how I see it.

Fedor would destroy Brock. He is no where near the top as far as skill goes. His size and strength are the only reason he has a win.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

an arm bar about 15 secs after being taken down

"I'm afraid of everything" - Rickson Gracie

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

Lesnar might last a round if he gain top position. We would surely sure how good Brock's chin is but at this point he would tap via ....... I'll go with leg lock.

I wanted to be the Scorpion King, bitch!

Compared to the Mir fight, I just didn't see the same opportunities for a quick sub. But I do not study BJJ.

G

Fedor is a Sambo guy. With that said I don't think Brock has a chance in hell. First Heath was poked in the eye from the beginning by the ref Brock went for that eye. Heaths game plan was stupid because Heath isn't the brightest guy and last Brock was sloppy on top again. I see a great future for Brock but I think there are too many people's mouth watering to suck on his balls without just due like they did with Sanchez back after TUF. Brock has got great athleticism and is explosive as all hell but I don't think he has enough self control or skill to win against the smart fighters yet

A better question may be could Brock take the Elite Champion, Bigfoot Silva...

Brock is a long way away from a challenge like Fedor... trying to find the words to properly state just how much of mismatch that would be at this point and time is most likely an exercise in futility...

But Bigfoot I think would be a great matchup to puzzle over right now... I mean, not to hug on nuts or anything, cause I have my hands full between Anderson, GSP, and Lyoto, but I think he could take Silva and the title... meaning he'd be a 2-1 champ...

Which is either not saying much about elite... or saying quite a bit about Brock...

(edit... err 3-1)
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information