Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cro Cop wants to fight on September 23rd

HammerFist Guest

Default Cro Cop wants to fight on September 23rd

MMA-ID: MMA Profiles, MMA Videos, MMA News | CROCOP

Hi everyone, today I can take a bit more of free time so I'm here with you to share my thoughts and give you a little insight to my current trainings and career status.

Good news first. I'm very satisfied with my recovery and I'm back to my usual training regiment. I feel no pain and everything looks perfect so far. I'm training hard, really hard, as I feel I have a lot more to prove. First to myself, but to army of my loyal fans as well! I had no summer break, I'm 100% focused on getting back on track and I can promise you many great things from Cro Cop.

Regarding September 23, I'm expect to fight, but nothing is still officially confirmed. I leave this to DREAM and I have no doubt that I'll be there on that card, fighting whoever they put me against. I'm hoping to face a top ranked fighter, preferably Alistair Overeem. I'm familiar with his latest interviews and many people already asked me what do I think about his words. I don't like commenting other fighters, it's not my thing.
    But Alistair, you should save your strength for a real fight, because it's coming. When I see you in the opposite corner, then I'll talk.

I'm off to my hometown to visit my familly and friends, since it's an Assumption Day in Croatia and I took a day off. On Monday I resume my preparations for September and expect some exclusive materials from my trainings here on MMA-ID: MMA Profiles, MMA Videos, MMA News soon!

Mirko

I hope CC scalps alistairs stupid dreads with a headkick. Fuck Alistar too disrespectful, WAR CC FOR LIFE!

This would be step up in competition from his last fight. I would really like to see Overeem test Mirco and put him in some tough waters just to see where CroCops mental game is. If Overeem comes out and presses the action he might have a chacne. I dont think CroCop will be taking him down and Overeem is a good stand up fighter.

For some reason I see Overeem taking a headkick and endind up in dreamland.

Hope that fight happens, but as with all Cro Cop rumors, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Would be an interesting fight if it happens.

I seriously would give my left nut to see CroCop back to his old self, pre UFC!
    "Everyones got a gameplan till they get punched in the face"---Mike Tyson
    "What the superior man seeks is within himself: what the small man seeks is within others"---Confucius
    Originally Posted by Noise Chopped
    Tim Sylvia's been cheating his head out of a decent haircut for his entire career. That's all I know.

hopefully he stays healthy and dominates so we can see him back in the UFC winning this time

Allistair would definitely give us a good idea of where CC's head is at. Here's hoping we see a "left leg, cemetery" kick next month!
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

Default Cro Cop/Overeem Trash talk

Thought this was funny, didn't see it anywhere.

By now, youíve probably heard of the words being exchanged back and forth between Mirko ĎCro Copí and Alistair Overeem. If you havenít, itís basically consisted of Overeem calling out Cro Cop and claiming heís been ducking him, with the Croatian responding that he wants to take on Alistair in DREAM. Then upon hearing that DREAM wasnít going to book the Cro Cop fight in September, Alistair stepped up the trash talk by calling Cro Cop a ďdouche-bag.Ē

Well, Cro Cop caught wind of the remark, and addressed it in his latest blog post.

Iím hoping to face a top ranked fighter, preferably Alistair Overeem. Iím familiar with his latest interviews and many people already asked me what do I think about his words. I donít like commenting other fighters, itís not my thing. But Alistair, you should save your strength for a real fight, because itís coming. When I see you in the opposite corner, then Iíll talk.

Mirko never has been a man of many words, so I donít know what Alistair was expecting to get out of him, but maybe it will be enough to get that fire started inside of Cro Cop to go there and perform like he used to.

Mirko did mention in his blog that his recovery is going very well and he will be fighting at DREAM.6, although an opponent has yet to be confirmed. Nightmare of Battle may have found his potential opponent though. They were able to get a glimpse of the new DREAM.6 poster, and Sergei Kharitonov was pictured. Perhaps, Cro Cop vs. Kharitonov? That would be a good one. NoB mentioned Yoshihiro Akiyama and Jason ĎMayhemí Miller were pictured as well. That sounds like a potential matchup. Those pairings would certainly be better than Cro Cop/Akiyama, although if theyíre making a Cro Cop/Kharitonov fight, I donít know they would choose that over Cro Cop/Overeem.

Either way, DREAM.6 may turn out to be a pretty solid card after all.
    source Cro Cop Talks DREAM.6 & Alistair Overeem; More DREAM.6 Participants Revealed?

Good move Overeem pissing off a guy that normally is emotionless. I hope Cro Cop makes Overeem another addition to his highlight reel.

CC via KO.

Thread Information