Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz back on the open market

Default Tito Ortiz back on the open market

Despite proclaiming earlier this month that he had signed a “record breaking” contract with Affliction Entertainment, former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz is once again negotiating with multiple MMA promotions, reports MMAjunkie.com’s Dann Stupp in his latest column for the Dayton Daily News.

Stupp reports that Ortiz is talking to the usual suspects such as Affliction and EliteXC but also adds that the Kentucky-based American Fight League is making a play for his services and that even talks are taking place between Ortiz and the UFC.

Despite the resumption of talks, it remains to be seen just how serious Ortiz is about signing a contract and fighting anytime soon.

“I don’t know if we’re really negotiating, or simply helping Tito stroke his giant ego,” an unnamed fight company representative is quoted as saying in Stupp’s article.

Ortiz’s options may not be as plentiful as they were several months ago. Recent reports indicate that ProElite-owned EliteXC is not doing well financially and there are strong indications that Affliction could start exercising greater fiscal responsibility.

The AFL is a bit of a mystery player as they’ve made high-profile signings of former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley and former BodogFIGHT women’s champion Tara LaRosa in recent months, but they’ve yet to make any formal plans regarding a much-talked about November pay-per-view.

Might a return to the UFC be a realistic option for Ortiz? While a lot of bad blood exists between he and company President Dana White, that hasn’t prevented them from agreeing on a new contract in the past. If CEO Lorenzo Fertitta makes Ortiz a strong enough offer, it wouldn’t be a shock to see him fight again in the Octagon once more.
    Tito Ortiz back on the open market :Five Ounces of Pain

at this point, i couldnt care less about tito and where he ends up

"I don't care if they offer Tito thirty bucks a fight, I'm not going to match it."
    -Dana White
    THE BEST EVAHH!!11!one

Quote Originally Posted by Frag x 3 View Post
    "I don't care if they offer Tito thirty bucks a fight, I'm not going to match it."
    -Dana White
    Ouch, hadn't heard that quote.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

He never came out and said "I signed with Affliction", for the record.

smoogy check your PM's for the love of God
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

As a Tito fan, I don't know what the hell he's doing. He's going to ruin what's left of his career.

Affliction would be his best bet :P
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

After Tito's fight with Machida, I said Tito would keep fighting in the UFC. I still stand by that.

Well Tito, there is always TNA Wrestling!

Thread Information