Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 90 Press Conference: Swick in, GSP/Spider could be at catch weight

HammerFist Guest

Default UFC 90 Press Conference: Swick in, GSP/Spider could be at catch weight

UFC 90 Press Conference Report; Swick Added

MMARated.com's Jeffrey Lee attended today's UFC 90 press conference at the Millennium Park in Chicago, IL, and is reporting these interesting tidbits from the event:

* Dana White announced that Mike Swick will be added to the card but stopped short at saying who his opponent will be.

* Chicago is the UFC's #1 market for pay-per-view revenue.

* When all is said and done, UFC 90 will be the highest-grossing event in the 28-year history of the Allstate Arena, smashing Wrestlemania 22's record of 2.4 million dollars.

* As of Noon today, UFC 90's gate has already reached the two million dollar mark.

* White said Anderson Silva could potentially move up to light heavyweight again if he defeats Patrick Cote on October 25th.

* Furthermore, he even hinted at a possible GSP vs. Silva bout at an undetermined catch weight.

* The winner of the Diego Sanchez vs. Thiago Alves bout will receive a welterweight title shot.

* Speaking of Alves, he vowed to have no more issues making weight at 170 lbs.
    GSP vs Spider would be so sweet.

Swick vs. Hazelett, mark my words its gunna happen!

"For years Iíve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think Iím gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Quote Originally Posted by ArMnHC View Post
    Swick vs. Hazelett, mark my words its gunna happen!
    and i think Dustin kicks his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    and i think Dustin kicks his ass.
    thing is, id pick Dustin in that fight too. i used to not like the guy but after he almost TKOd Koscheck (yes he almost TKOd him i dont care what anyone says) and embarassed that shit-can Burkman, the guy has grown on me. id bet he submits Swick in Rd 2.

i really think its the only logical match up for Swick at 170 right now seeing as everyone else is tied up with fights at the moment. i can see them having Blackburn or Markham fight Swick, but Dustin is established and would be the best possible match up. all i can say is they better not bring in some new no name for Swick...but knowing Joe Silva's silly matchmaking i wouldnt be surprised

"For years Iíve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think Iím gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Quote Originally Posted by ArMnHC View Post
    thing is, id pick Dustin in that fight too. i used to not like the guy but after he almost TKOd Koscheck (yes he almost TKOd him i dont care what anyone says) and embarassed that shit-can Burkman, the guy has grown on me. id bet he submits Swick in Rd 2.

i really think its the only logical match up for Swick at 170 right now seeing as everyone else is tied up with fights at the moment. i can see them having Blackburn or Markham fight Swick, but Dustin is established and would be the best possible match up. all i can say is they better not bring in some new no name for Swick...but knowing Joe Silva's silly matchmaking i wouldnt be surprised
    He also stopped one of Josh's takedown attempts. And yes going into the 2nd round i had Dustin winning.

I have Swick winning against Dustin. And as for the Diego/Alves getting a shot, I think GSP takes it easily against both but Alves has the punchers chance. GSP/Silva, I really hope it doesn't happen this soon, as I think they should build Silva at LHW a little more, and have GSP face Penn first. If he gets past Penn i t makes the fight that much bigger.

Swick vs Hazelett would be a good fight. I think GSP should fight Bj before they would even consider having him fight Anderson Silva. Im pretty sure that GSP would tire BJ out and win that fight. Then you have GSP vs Anderson Silva and build it up as the best pound for pound fighter fight and it would be huge.

I think Silva would beat the crap outta GSP...

GSP vs. Silva makes my mouth water. As long as they both agree to the weight, ill be glad to see them fight. But GSP has to beat Silva first, if not,then the fight wont have as much power behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    Swick vs Hazelett would be a good fight. I think GSP should fight Bj before they would even consider having him fight Anderson Silva. Im pretty sure that GSP would tire BJ out and win that fight. Then you have GSP vs Anderson Silva and build it up as the best pound for pound fighter fight and it would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec View Post
    I think Silva would beat the crap outta GSP...
    And neither of them are #1pound for pound.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information