Starting Muay Thai, questions
I know this is better suited for the K-1/Kickboxing forum, but as I'm only allowed to make new threads here, it'll suffice. I just have a few questions that I was hoping some of you would be able to answer.
I'm going to be starting Muay Thai next week, really excited about that, something I've been wanting to do for awhile. So my questions are..
1) Is Twins a really good brand as far as gloves and shin guards go? Every review I've read on them has been positive, but I figured I'd ask and get some feed back from other people. It's the brand that's caught my eye the most, already have some stuff picked out, just haven't bought them yet.
2) Has anyone tried the Full Throttle Conditioning DVD from rosstraining.com? I'm going to be running every day and training twice a day for 4-5 days a week, but I really want to get my cardio up to an exceptional level, so I'm looking for something a little extra. Is the DVD worth it? Is it bogus? Does it help? Anything like that would be useful.
3) What's the best material to fill a heavy bag with? I've heard a few things. Sawdust, shredded clothing, ect.
4) Has anyone ever trained in Thailand? Obviously I'm not looking to do it any time soon, I'd like to train for 1-2 full years before considering it, but I'm completely in love with the idea of doing it.
5) Any tips or anything like that? What can I expect? I've been doing a lot of reading, but still, I like to hear from other people.
"To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."