Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PBF overated???

Punk Ass Guest

Default PBF overated???

Is it me or is PBF overrated at this point in his career? Everybody talks about how he's the P4P best but he only recieved that title because of the media. He has yet to beat anybody worth anything except for people he's supposed to beat. Don't get me wrong, he is one of the P4P best but I dont think he's the very best. It's still a debate on whether he can beat DLH or Mosely or Margarito. Because he hasn't fought anybody who people dont really know he can beat.

When RJJ was called the best P4P it was after he won the MW championship, and LHW title. After he beat BHop, James Toney, Virgil Hill, and made many good fighters look amature. No one ever tested RJJ.

At this point now PBF has been tested by JLC once and Zab won a few of those early rounds, all though Zab does have skills. The point is PBF hasn't fought any GREAT FIGHTERS and I think it's way to early in his career to be called the P4P best.

Opinions??

to everyone his own, yes roy jones was tested but pbf has fought alot and some good fighters to.imo he is one of the best p4p they dont call him that for nothing, he did somthing right somewhere to be called that.

Punk Ass Guest

No doubt he's one of the P4P best, but I think it's too early to say he's the best!

Even if you don't think he's the p4p best, who would you put in front of him?
    HENDO

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by leelandk69
    Even if you don't think he's the p4p best, who would you put in front of him?
    To be honest, I'm not sure if he can beat DLH or Mosley, so I would put them in front of him at this time until they fight. Both DLH and Mosley have better Resumes at this point. And they have been fighting in higher weight classes for much longer and are stronger and have more experience in big fights.

I just dont see PBF beating those two and if he does win it wont be easy by far.

icemanct Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    To be honest, I'm not sure if he can beat DLH or Mosley, so I would put them in front of him at this time until they fight. Both DLH and Mosley have better Resumes at this point. And they have been fighting in higher weight classes for much longer and are stronger and have more experience in big fights.

I just dont see PBF beating those two and if he does win it wont be easy by far.
    how long has it been since you have watched boxing

Punk Ass Guest

Quote Originally Posted by icemanct
    how long has it been since you have watched boxing
    I understand what your saying, but Both Mosley and DLH moved up in weight before they lost. They ruled their natural divisions so I think the disadvantage of reach and strenth was the problem in their losses, with the exception of Mosley vs Forrest. BHop was way to big for DLH, honestly so was Vargus but it so happens DLH and Mosley is a lot more skillful. You have to remember DLH came up from 130 lb and mosley 135. Now their fighting 154 and DLH fought at 160 one time, thats crazy, if they were still in the 140 area I guarantee you nobody would beat them, because nobody could then and now they have more experience and it doesn't look like they lost a step at all. The only problem all these bigger fighter have longer reaches and their naturally stronger not to mention their some of the P4P best. Think about it, BHop is a natural MW and arguably the best MW out their and one of the P4P best, do you really think PBF can beat him???

I dont think so, but DLH had the balls to fight him and lost but he didnt lose because BHop was a better fighter, he lost because BHop was a naturally bigger fighter on top of the fact that he was so good.

From historical point of view I think PBF is very much overrated. fact that he moved so fast up to WW in chase of a big cash fight with DLH pisses me of to no end :-/

But his #1 p4p status in today's boxing is deserved, think about it: he can beautifully execute every punch in the book, excellent defence, speed, stammina...only thing not outstanding about him is punching power(and with his brittle hands can you blame him?)

Today he IS the #1 p4p fighter out there. Just because you don't think he can beat a certain fighter doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the title because you're talking about guys who are naturally bigger than him. I think 147lbs was a leap for him, he's probably naturally a 140lbs fighter while they are both 154lbs who could probably still cut to 147lbs without much problem but there is still a size difference even if they're all at 147lbs. Besides Oscar isn't even active enough today to be on the list at all. Shane has been beaten by Winky and Vernon and that can't be ignored. The only person that overrates Floyd is Floyd. Calling himself the greatest p4p fighter ever is retarted and disrespectful to greats like SRR. But for now he is the best out there but if he hangs around 147 long enough he could lose that title.

Wow, you think DLH and Mosley should be ranked higher than Floyd Thats funny!!. They aren't even in the top 10. Any decent boxing fan knows that Floyd is the consensus p4p king. The only two people you can make an argument for are Winky and Pacman, but its a thin argument at that.
    HENDO

Thread Information