Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting a diet today!

Default Starting a diet today!

I think ive lost a lot of motivation to stay in shape over the last two years and im up to 240. I never eat in the day cuz i feel really bloated and tired right after i eat and i dont want to do anything after i eat. So i eat everything at night usually a HUGE meal then a huge snack. WHnever i drink booze i never eat til either late that night or nothing at all, thenwhen im hungover i eat a grosse amount of food! So I want to try and getmy metabolism going but i dont know if i can seeing as how i feel really shitty and dont wanna do shit when i eat during the day. Anyone have any suggestions on workouts and possible meals/food i could eat that wont make me feel bloated.

I will check in here everyweek and give an update. My goal is to be 200lbs by Christmas , motiviation is very welcome, wish me luck!

I was the same way, but I was at about 220 trying to shed down to 200. Im not overweight by any means, but I was going for the shredded look rather than the "big" look.

Right now, Im down to about 205. I lost 12 really quick, I got to 208 in about 2-3 weeks, but they always say the last 10 lbs are a bitch.

Problem is, when you starve yourself during the day, thats doing nothing but harming your metabolism. I'm sure you've heard this before, but you should be eating about 6-8 small meals a day. The fact that you've been feeling bloated could be due to salt, because sodium is a bitch and will do that to you. My best advice is to drink a shitload of water, and start eating your veggies. I would suggest to try to consume about a gallon of a water a day, and stock up on all the veggies you can. You may not like them, but the great thing about them is you can eat as many as you want, and if you're eating like brocolli or cauliflower, you're not consuming calories, while you will feel full.

See the thing is, I workout with a lot of people who have trouble staying motivated. It's a bitch and annoying when you're with these types of people because all they do is complain. You just have to find YOUR motivation.
    Obviously you know this too, but cardio always helps.

One suggestion for not feeling so "bloated" would be this.
    Usually in the am, my first meal will be something like a bowl of oatmeal, glass of low fat skim milk and maybe a banana.
    When I have protein I usually wake up with a protein shake, and then probably have the oatmeal about an hour and a half later.
    If you stay away from the salts and sugars a little more that should help your bloated feeling.

RIP Evan Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by Paytheplayer View Post
    I was the same way, but I was at about 220 trying to shed down to 200. Im not overweight by any means, but I was going for the shredded look rather than the "big" look.

Right now, Im down to about 205. I lost 12 really quick, I got to 208 in about 2-3 weeks, but they always say the last 10 lbs are a bitch.

Problem is, when you starve yourself during the day, thats doing nothing but harming your metabolism. I'm sure you've heard this before, but you should be eating about 6-8 small meals a day. The fact that you've been feeling bloated could be due to salt, because sodium is a bitch and will do that to you. My best advice is to drink a shitload of water, and start eating your veggies. I would suggest to try to consume about a gallon of a water a day, and stock up on all the veggies you can. You may not like them, but the great thing about them is you can eat as many as you want, and if you're eating like brocolli or cauliflower, you're not consuming calories, while you will feel full.

See the thing is, I workout with a lot of people who have trouble staying motivated. It's a bitch and annoying when you're with these types of people because all they do is complain. You just have to find YOUR motivation.
    Obviously you know this too, but cardio always helps.

One suggestion for not feeling so "bloated" would be this.
    Usually in the am, my first meal will be something like a bowl of oatmeal, glass of low fat skim milk and maybe a banana.
    When I have protein I usually wake up with a protein shake, and then probably have the oatmeal about an hour and a half later.
    If you stay away from the salts and sugars a little more that should help your bloated feeling.
    Thanks a lot bro.. Like i know im overweight but no one would really say im fat.. Im definatley a stalky 240 but for the last while i havnt consistently workedout and im getting by on pure genetics. Im one of those guys that everyone tells .. Wholy shit buddy if u worked out regularly ud be a monster. I dont really care about that... I mean im 24, i wanna start feeling more energized and not bloated everytime i eat. I will try to cut out the salt and try eating a shit load of veggies and fruit during the day and drink water as much as i can take and get bak in here in a week and see if im feeling any better

Right now I'm using the Anabolic Diet. The "mainstream" (as in for people who don't do serious physical training) version of this is the Metabolic Diet:

Diets

Another approach is to eat a big breakfast and get your fix of carbs in the first meal or two, then go protein/fat as the day goes on.

You also might want to try cutting certain foods out of your diet for awhile. Maybe you are lactose intolerant a little, so dairy is making you feel ill. It could be the size of the food you are eating that does it. Smaller meals!

TESTOSTERONE NATION | The World's Fastest Growing Nation of Bodybuilding and Strength Training Enthusiasts

That site has alot of articles and alot of information on diets and motivation things. Take a look at it and you might find something that helps you.

"A desire can overcome all objections and obstacles."
    -Gunderson

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night." -Dave Barry

Thanks Rufio and Tick..

Keep at it man, it's tough to do.

well the first two weeks were a fukin bitch!!!! i ate my ass off with veggies and fukin fibre powder with water everday! and i stayed away from the scale for 2 weeks til today.... and i knew i lost some weight, i feel lighter and more energized.. and well i was right down to 225!!! Fuk im pumped bout that but its keeping the fukin weight off thats hard!!

So.. i thought id give an update , more or less for anyone that needs motivation like i did......... I started taking cla, (cant remember what it stands for, but u can buy it at any nutrition store) to get off some fat, and its fuken cut me! Like Im down to 213, but look cut and im only 5'10. So if anyone is wanting to get on a diet for the winter season, do what i did.. Eat veggies with dip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and lift weights, walk for 20 mins a day and grab some cla. Not to sound like an endorsment, but fuck i struggle with weight so i know what its like.

Keep going man. Almost 30 pounds in like 3 months.. not too shabby

Thread Information