Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson booked for EliteXC: HEAT Oct. 4th

Default Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson booked for EliteXC: HEAT Oct. 4th

Arlovski-Nelson Tapped for CBS

Wednesday, September 24, 2008
    by Loretta Hunt (lhunt@sherdog.com)

At least two fighters will not sit on the sidelines following the postponement of Affliction’s Oct. 4 “Day of Reckoning” event in Las Vegas.

Former UFC champion Andrei Arlovski (13-5) and IFL kingpin Roy Nelson (13-2) have been offered a heavyweight bout at EliteXC “Heat” Oct. 4 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The event will be aired live on CBS.

Arlovski’s management team would not comment Wednesday on the proposed bout, while Nelson’s attorney, Rod Donohoo, also refrained from remarks. However, Sherdog.com has learned from separate sources that both fighters have agreed in principle to the match and that contracts have been issued for review.

The last-minute addition will be presented as an Affiction-EliteXC co-promoted fight, and adds a quite a punch to an already anticipated roster featuring a showdown between former Internet brawler Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson and UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock. Female sensation Gina Carano is also on board to take on Kelly Kobald-Gavin in a 140-pound bout.
    Arlovski-Nelson Tapped for CBS

I hope AA wins by KO, an i hope he is aggressive.

Eventually i would love to see AA back in the UFC an take that belt from whoever has it.

I am sure if AA keeps winning an does it in the Pitbull fashion that he will be a huge sought after HW. Then he will get what he wants an thats bunches of money lol. UFC would even give him that money.

But before UFC, have to see AA vs Barnett.

Awesome! Glad to see AA is not going to sit around until Affliction II.

If Arlovski can dominate Nelson like he did with Rothwell, it definitely shows that Arlovski is back on the right path.

It definitely gives AA time to work on some things, while keeping him in shape. If Barnett doesn't get a fight between now and then, he definitely has a little rust coming into the fight, which Arlovski won't have.

War Arlovski!

Honestly, the UFC should learn from this. I see fighters in the UFC on the shelf for 9 months because of scheduling. Fighters need to fight. I think my prediction might actually come true. I predicted EXC/Strikeforce, Affliction and DREAM all working together to copromote and share talent. This is definately a sign. It just makes sense. All of the said orgs are pretty much operating in the red. If they can all bind together, help promote one another, this could lead to some amazing match ups that would definately draw in a huge fanbase.
    -Sig Removed Because of Size-

this is badass if true.... i understand if arlovski wants to fight more than once to twice a year.... to bad they did this so late.... they would get way more views if they couldve advertised arlovksi when they started advertising ken and kimbo.

On a side note: Elitexc fucked up there advertisement commercial. I saw it the other night and it showed kimbo. Then it said also featuring shamrock.... but it showed a picture of frank.... i was like wtf? So i checked elitexc.com to be sure and sure enough I came to realize they dont watch there own commercials before they air them lol. war arlovski!

I really hope it is true

It doesn't matter who it is......

WAR PITBULL!
    Fav Five

Fedor | Shogun | Penn | Hendo | Barnett

I'm glad he is not waiting for next Affliction show.

I still want to see AA vs. Barnett and AA vs. Fedor.

Winner fights Kimbo???
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

IF this is true, then what a great addition. 100 times better than the main event. AA looked good destroying the other IFL goonie, hope he comes as hard for this one.

Don't be scared homie.

Thread Information