Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who is shannon briggs?

icemanct Guest

Default who is shannon briggs?

i usually dont ask people questions about boxing,cause i know most of my stuff.but it said in the preview that shannon briggs is a badass.and it said "this is the guy everybody is afraid to fight".if you can help me out please do

hes a 6'4 Mike Tyson
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

icemanct Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    hes a 6'4 Mike Tyson
    mike tyson in his prme or now

Quote Originally Posted by icemanct
    mike tyson in his prme or now
    somewhere in between, he doesnt have Mikes speed maybe not his power but 43 wins.. 41 by KO so that says a lot, he will probably knock Sergei out when they fight and be champ but he isnt marketable

the guy the HW division should fear is CALVIN BROCK, him and Sam Peter are the future.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

icemanct Guest

yeah sam peter has some of the heaviest hands i have ever seen

He's B level HW at best!! Ur hearing all praise b/c of promotion nothing else.

the only problem with Briggs (and it's a big one) is he's very inconsistant. If he stayed focus and on top of his game, you wouldn't call him 'B' level. There's a reason Manny said he didn't want his boy Wlad to fight him, he said he's the most dangerous and biggest threat to him. I don't think they ducked him but something happened and the fight fell thru, that's who was suppose to fight in Nov.

Brock is overrated. He only looks decent because the division is so weak. 20 years ago his name wouldn't even be on an undercard of Tuesday Night Fights. Wlad will maul him and kill him next month with little to no problem. I'll be rooting for Brock but he's not winning by any means.

Sam Peter i'm still sold on. I told everyone all he needed was a new trainer and he went out and got a real good one in Reid. There was a vast difference in Peter that was noticable since he did that also. His cardio is better and he learned some defense, his two biggest weaknesses. But he has to trim up and get his weight down some more and he'll be even deadlier. He's still VERY young and the youngest with the most potential in that division, he's still the future of it. Plus his power is just scary, i hope he knocks Toney out cold this time to leave no question in TONEY'S mind. If it goes to a decision, no matter how lopsided, Toney will bitch if he loses. He had Toney rocked on a few occassions the first time, so he can definately get the job done.

Punk Ass Guest

The only reason Briggs is getting praise is because the HW division is so bad. When Briggs was in his prime he got a gift to a 40 year old George Forman, goes to show you the HW division has been crap for a long time, because Forman left boxing in his prime because he was losing lol. He comes back and wins the HW title.

Briggs is trash, he only fights and beats cans, he's never beaten anyone good except for a washed up Ray Mercer and George Forman

Quote Originally Posted by harlemhustla145
    The only reason Briggs is getting praise is because the HW division is so bad. When Briggs was in his prime he got a gift to a 40 year old George Forman, goes to show you the HW division has been crap for a long time, because Forman left boxing in his prime because he was losing lol. He comes back and wins the HW title.

Briggs is trash, he only fights and beats cans, he's never beaten anyone good except for a washed up Ray Mercer and George Forman
    Nah, he's far from trash he just can't stay focused for shit. That Foreman fight was no gift. lol Yea Foreman and Mercer were washed up but when he got the big shots liek against Lewis he folded and didn't even show up, almost like he gave up before it started. He lacks something but it's not skill because he could have been real good.

Ya that is his problem he's way too inconsistent. You'll see somthing promising form him, and then he disapears. Sam Peter is still a? mark for me. I think Lights Out took that fight.

Thread Information