+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimbo Slice, Seth Petruzelli Rematch Possible for K-1 Dynamite! on NYE

Default Kimbo Slice, Seth Petruzelli Rematch Possible for K-1 Dynamite! on NYE

The Florida Sun-Sentinel reported this paragraph:

(Kimbo Slice) may fight on the DREAM K-1 New Year's Eve show in Japan, possibly a rematch with Petruzelli.
    Which naturally set off a firestorm of speculation in the MMA blogosphere.

Michael David Smith points out an interesting angle on the American biz impact of such a matchup:

Neither Kimbo nor Petruzelli is a big name in Japan, but a fight between the two of them would be a big draw for HDNet, which has the American TV rights and might be willing to pay more to get Kimbo-Petruzelli 2 on its network.

The problem, of course, is that there's no reason at all to believe that the result of a second Kimbo-Petruzelli fight would be any different from the first: Petruzelli, who unlike Kimbo is actually a skilled martial artist, would likely knock Kimbo out easily, again. Still, it would be a quick KO that would draw a big audience.
    Zack Arnold of course has a more sinister take:

If you recall, Petruzelli was telling Orlando media after his fight with Kimbo Slice that he had received an offer to fight in Japan.

As far as Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli having any drawing power in Japan… you could dip Seth Petruzelli in glue, drag him through Fort Knox, and he wouldn’t draw a single dollar. Kimbo, on the other hand, could draw very well in Japan. However, putting him in a re-match against Petruzelli is a stupid idea… unless, of course, K-1 paid off Petruzelli to take a dive in the fight. Why not.

Source:
    Kimbo Slice, Seth Petruzelli Rematch Possible for K-1 Dynamite! on NYE

Dunno How many of Yall are still intrested in this Fight, Im not excited bout it, but i would just watch it just too see the Outcome.

I'd like to see the exclamation point put on the lack of skill kimbo has so it would put all the arguments to rest. BUt I have to agree that I can't see why anyone would want to watch that in japan, and is the draw really big enough to justify just for hdnet?

i thought kimbo said something about not wanting a rematch right after the fight? i think it would be foolish to take on a guy who just beat you in your first match in japan, especially when people there probabaly have heard of kimbo but might not have heard about his loss to seth. kimbo should definitly fight there as he would be a good draw as long as he gets easier fights and knocks people out.

this fight does not excite me at all however i would prob still watch it
    Fav fighters
    HW fedor, randy, AA, nog, brock, junior dos santos
    LHW chuck, rampage, wandy, babalu, forest, shogun,
    MW silva, bisping, franklin, hendo, maia
    ww GSP, hughes, davis, alves,

I think I care about this fight enough to read about kimbo losing the next day on the forums here.

I really think Kimbo needs to stick with circus type fights. I think the fight between him and Tank was amazing. I think Kimbo's next fight should be against the likes of Ken Shamrock or Butterbean.

I know many MMA fans will get mad when the casual fan sees that Kimbo beat Ken or Butterbean and thinks "wow, hes the greatest fighter in the world".

but we know different. I would still like to see those fights though, it would be pretty entertaining.
    "I don't know when it will happen, but it's inevitable that I will lose." - Fedor Emelianenko

Russell "The Careless Whisper" Rife - Superman punching your face

Quote Originally Posted by anonilir View Post
    I think I care about this fight enough to read about kimbo losing the next day on the forums here.
    ditto

Kimbo would be a draw in Japan based on his physical appearance alone; they'd just have to keep feeding him cans for him to KO.

Petruzelli would own Kimbo if they fought again; it might take twice as long, but that's still not even half a minute.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

^^

Maybe in Japan they can Do a Bob Sapp vs. Kimbo Slice, bet dat would be a Huge Draw

Are people actually still interested in Kimbo? Maybe after 2 or 3 years of training I'll be interested, but come on - the guy was fighting cans.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information