+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junie Browning Turning His Life Around at Xtreme Couture?

Default Junie Browning Turning His Life Around at Xtreme Couture?

(Does that look infected to you? Photo courtesy of myspace.com/allen_browning)

Following in the footsteps of fighters like Mac Danzig and Amir Sadollah, Junie Browning is the latest Ultimate Fighter notable to re-focus his training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas. MMA Weekly has confirmed that Browning started training with the camp about a week and a half ago, and so far he hasn’t tried to throw training equipment into the hot tub or jump off the roof:

“He’s been very quiet in the gym, there’s been no antics, there’s been no nothing,” [Randy] Couture said. “He shows up everyday and straps his gloves on and gets his work done.”

In other words, he’s functioning like a normal person, which is quite an achievement for the Kentucky native. At any rate, he’ll be whipped into shape by the team at XC, which includes UFC lightweights Tyson Griffin and Gray Maynard — who hopefully haven’t taken Junie’s “boring fucking wrestlers” comments too personally.

Related: Junie’s latest TUF blog for UFC.com is up, where he discusses the wave of interviews he had to do last week, Team Nog’s family-vibe, and the Jules/Vinny scrap (”To be honest, I don’t think Jules could have won a fight at 155″).
    » Junie Browning Turning His Life Around at Xtreme Couture?

It'll be interesting to actually see what, if any, changes Junie goes through throughout the rest of the season, or afterwards. 'Cause right now (in the timeline of TUF) he's still a dick.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

I love how Junio hates the "boring fucking wrestlers" when gray is currently just slightly above LNP

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut27 View Post
    I love how Junio hates the "boring fucking wrestlers" when gray is currently just slightly above LNP
    Great point. That last match of his is exactly the reason more people don't watch MMA. I mean, if thousands of people booing for 15 minutes isn't an indication of get off your ass and do something, I don't know what is.

UFC will never get rid of an exciting fighter whether he wins or loses.
    You can have a perfect record and be not too entertaining of a fighter, and wait years for a title shot.

Look at Tank. Dude is like 50 and 5 or something lol. I still watch his fights because I know he's coming out swinging.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Great point. That last match of his is exactly the reason more people don't watch MMA. I mean, if thousands of people booing for 15 minutes isn't an indication of get off your ass and do something, I don't know what is.

UFC will never get rid of an exciting fighter whether he wins or loses.
    You can have a perfect record and be not too entertaining of a fighter, and wait years for a title shot.

Look at Tank. Dude is like 50 and 5 or something lol. I still watch his fights because I know he's coming out swinging.
    very true that is why machida is still waiting for a title shot... they are hoping he gets the picture and makes his fights more exciting...

6. Default

The show needs jack asses like Junie to get the ratings they are looking for. Now I stopped watching the show (I own all the seasons on DVD) because it's getting further and further into "The Hills" territory. And if the ratings have shown anything, people are getting tired of it too.

7. 11-21-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by bains09 View Post
    anyone watch the latest episode, that was hilarious when that guy (can't remember name) got so pissed because they messed with his lucky charms and took all the marshmallows, that was classic, but his fight should have went to the third round, it was a very close fight, in the last minute, the other guy (can't remember name again) had a body triangle and couldn't get the choke and basically did nothing, and the guy on the top was actually getting some shots in with the body triangle locked in.
    Yeah, but if you look alot of those shots....were hitting himself in the head I saw him throw a few and hit himself right in the head. I was LMAO!! But I agree, it should have went to the 3rd. Roop is going to get destroyed by Philipe
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

I really hope this guy has changed for the better, and not just quiet, cause he says something cocky, I am sure Randy will get a hold of him.

He is what the UFC needs to build up fights as he does a good job with it.

Apparently he raps to, although not very well. If you go to his myspace his rap single plays, heheh.

maybe he should stick to fighting... shall we say?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information