Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Win Over Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva Next In Line For UFC Middleweight Title Shot

Default With Win Over Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva Next In Line For UFC Middleweight Title Shot

<< It looks as though UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman and former longtime 185-pound title holder Anderson Silva may have to share the Octagon one final time, as long as certain pieces of the puzzle fall perfectly into place.

During an appearance on this week's edition of "UFC Tonight" on FOX Sports 1, UFC President Dana White outright stated that if Silva gets past his next opponent, which will be Nick Diaz, whom "The Spider" is scheduled to fight in the main event of UFC 183 on January 31st, that he is indeed next in line for a shot at the 185-pound gold.

Additionally, White noted that if Weidman isn't the champion when -- and if -- that time comes, than Silva will still be next in line for the title shot.

Weidman makes the next defense of his UFC 185-pound crown against Vitor Belfort in the main event of UFC 184, which takes place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on February 28th.

This may come as a surprise to both Lyoto Machida and Luke Rockhold, as in the announcement made by the UFC on Thursday, it stated that the winner of the Machida-Rockhold fight, which takes place as the main event of UFC On FOX 15 on April 18th, will likely be next in line for a shot at the UFC Middleweight Championship.

And while Silva himself says he wouldn't stand in the way of Ronaldo Souza, who challenges Yoel Romero in another upcoming fight with title implications in the near future, he has his sights set on one goal -- regaining the UFC Middleweight Championship belt that he held for so many years.

"Look, besides returning well in 2015, my project in the UFC is only one: I won't stop until I get my title back," Silva said in an interview with Brazilian outlet Veja. "I want to at least try."

Meanwhile, the current UFC 185-pound king, Weidman, doesn't seem too concerned who ends up becoming his next challenger, as long as he gets past Belfort in February. As far as Weidman is concerned, he's ready -- and willing -- to fight them all.

"If that's what the people want to see, then it'll happen," Weidman said of a potential third Octagon meeting with Anderson Silva during an interview with MMAJunkie.com. "

"Easy payday?," said Weidman. "Yeah, pretty much. With all due respect." >>
    Last edited by admin; 01-10-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Somewhere Jacare is sitting around pissed off.
    Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Anderson Silva, Gegard Mousasi, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Source? Forum rules dictate that we always post a source for articles. Not trying to be a stickler but this sets a bad precedence for new members. Also the body of the article should be in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

If this is true it is a big ole pile of bs. Two finishes over Silva and with a win over a WW coming off 2 losses and almost 2 years off should not in any logical way "earn" Silva a title shot against the guy that destroyed him via brutal finishes twice. This seems totally insane and just fodder for idiots like me to whine about it.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

5. Default

The only way is if Chris loses his title still not justified but he does have wins/ no loses over most others

I highly doubt that would pan out. With a win, Rockhold or Jacare will get it.

Chris Weidman is going to end up being like 80% of Anderson's career losses.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Conspiracy theory time: UFC is betting on Silva not being able to fight mentally anymore, Diaz winning, and putting him immediately into a title fight based off the hype that statement would make. It makes no sense. But why should anything?

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Source? Forum rules dictate that we always post a source for articles. Not trying to be a stickler but this sets a bad precedence for new members. Also the body of the article should be in quotes.
    Yeh... Is this forum not going to cite news unless it's from the main page?

There's like 3 different #1 contender bouts in the MW division right now.

If Diaz wins, he won't stay at 185, he goes back to the 170lb division and becomes a top contender. He would face either Rory or Lombard for the title shot.

Thread Information