Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cung Le Plotting UFC Return, Says He Still Has Some Fights Left in Him

Default Cung Le Plotting UFC Return, Says He Still Has Some Fights Left in Him

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cung-le-plo...ts-left-in-him

I feel like Ive still got some fights left in me, so Im not going to retire right away, Le told MMAWeekly.com. I felt like a performance like that and I know some people were saying I was starting slow, its like hello its a five-round fight, Im going to pace myself, but at the same time I know when to explode and I know when to pace myself.
    Im going to make sure I heal right this time because I think getting into Macao after hurting my foot really bad, and I did have some elbow problems leading up to that fight. Im just glad I got two big wins in the UFC, and as soon as I heal up I think Im going to be gearing up again, Le stated.

There is no specific timeline for Les next fight in the UFC, but hes definitely coming back and there are plenty of middleweights that could welcome him when he returns.

It takes a little bit longer to heal. Im 40 years old, Le joked. But I want to make a proper rehab and well take it from there.

2. Default

Le vs Lombard could be interesting..

I like the Le/Lombard fight but I think he wants to work towards a title whereas Le is probably going to focus on exciting and money fights. If Vitor loses to Bisping, then a Le/Vitor fight could be a lot of fun, a great co-main, and makes some sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Ugh I wish Leben would have won that fight. I would love to see him vs Le, vs Lombard. Oh well still good fights for him. I wouldnt mind a Le vs Belcher.

I think Le/Leben makes a lot of sense. Hell, even Lee/Lombard could headline an international Fuel card, if Lombard loses to Okami.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Too bad Akiyama went down to WW, Le vs. Akiyama would have been explosive.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

7. Default

TBH, I think Le should retire on that win. It was a great win, but it was one veteran at the end of his career fighting another veteran at the end of his career.
    Last edited by H0SS; 01-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    ------------------

Leben.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Lots of potential fights for Leben.

Frank Shamrock is the same age and doesn't have his braces on anymore...

Bisbing after he rehabs a severe concussion.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information