Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Legends of MMA Fantasy Supercard PPV.

Default My Legends of MMA Fantasy Supercard PPV.

I've been a lifelong Kimo fan. Don't ask me why, but after seeing his fight with Gracie at UFC 3, I've been a loyal Leopaldo mark. Anyways, my Grandpa's in the ICU this past week, and all I had was a pad of paper and my imagination, so I booked a Fantasy LEGENDS PPV.

I know that in the pro wrestling world a few years back, some independent promoters tried to put on a "Legends" PPV, with past stars of the 80s and it was ugly, but maybe some promoter puts on a freak show card with washed up fighters merely for nostalgia effect.

Imagine all these names from the past, lined up on one night, that ten years ago, could've been considered the greatest card ever, but now, is a gereatric convention. In any case, I think that there isn't a hardcore MMA fan out there who, MAY NOT ORDER the PPV, but would be curious enough to get together with some of the boys at the bar and hoot and hollar and recollect about these former greats.

So, I was just thinking aloud and I'm thinkin, what would a LEGENDS of MMA PPV look like, the following is kinda what I think could seriously be a really sweet way to spend a Saturday night and maybe even, could draw some coin.

I know some of these guys are out of shape and whatnot, but just for fun and fantasy, let just say for argument's sake, that I'm a billionaire who is friends with Mark Cuban, so I have a PPV deal. Longstory short, here's how I'd like to see a MMA LEGENDS PPV.

Triple Co-Main Event:

Ken Shamrock vs. Kurt Angle:
    Personally think this would just be a sweet main event of two guys who basically are regarded as legitimately tough SOBs, albeit crazy as shit, past their primes and the MASTERS of the anklelocks. I think this would be a really great PPV debut for Angle, could draw the mainstream fans and would probably be a pretty entertaining throwdown.

Frank Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz II:
    Probably the only fight on the card that could be booked on a UFC event and only one of true MMA quality, I think this could be the first step on Tito's road back to pseduo greatness.

Kimbo Slice vs Mike Tyson:
    I have no doubt it would be an UGLY fight, but Mike Tyson is very down on his luck and Slice needs some kind of life saver and maybe a bout between these two might be a money maker. This would be the ESPN preshow hype fight.

Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba III:
    I think this would be a pretty cool match, just to end the feud.

Hidehiko Yoshida vs. Oleg Taktarov:
    Technical fighting 101.

Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama II:
    One of the most infamous throwdowns of all time...part 2.

Bas Rutten vs. Pedro Rizzo:
    Former UFC champs duke it out.

Kevin Randelman vs. Vitor Belfort:
    Some say Belfort isn't washed-up, but this would be a cool fight to see between former champs and "phenoms".

Kimo vs. Kazayuki Fujita

Tsyoshi Kosaka vs. Tank Abbott

Dan Savern vs. Mark Kerr

Maurice Smith vs. Igor Vovchanchyn

I really enjoyed doing this and I know I get some heat for my "fantasy" posts, but really, I have fun doing it and hope you all enjoy it too.

Thoughs????

Mark Kerr vs Dan Severn

If both were at there best, Mark Kerr will crush Dan Severn, like he crused the Polar bear.

A better fight would be

Mark Kerr vs Fedor
    Last edited by Dark Vegeta; 11-21-2008 at 03:24 PM.

3. Default

Get rid of Angle and the card is solid.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

^^ agree get rid of Angle.

Do

Shammy vs Rutten
    Barnett vs Rizzo

Well, I kinda through Angle on there because I thought he was one guy who might be beaten by Kenny and has talked shit about jumping into MMA for a decade and is a former olympic gold medalist.

Barnett IMO, is still a superstar and this was more intended to be a "washup" PPV, but allswell.

thanks for the input.

Affliction had Barnett vs Rizzo at the Banned PPV,not long ago.When was Rizzo a UFC champ? p.s. Hope your Gramps is o.k. mate,all the best.
    Last edited by Malevolence; 11-21-2008 at 05:24 PM.

bob sapp vs. the smog monster from lost
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

You lost me at "I've been a lifelong Kimo fan."

This post might belong in the dream match up section.

Tyson and Angle aren't and have never been in an mma match, so, how they are legends confuses me.

Anyway, I like Kurt v. Ken, that's the one match I want to see with Kurt. Kurt vs. anyone else, doesn't really interest me.

I really want to see tito v. frank II.

Other than that, Bas vs. Randy. Ultimate dream match IMO.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

OH man oh man.. buddy OUCH. ANgle is master of a fantasy Entertainment tvshow ANKLE LOCK

and so was kenny, so who do you have in a fight??? Remember Kurt Angle is a hardcore olympic gold medalist and a legit toughguy.....

Thread Information