Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: POLL RESULTS: Ed Herman vs. Rory Singer?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    I'm saying he can't. I've never defended Rory being really good just wondered why he's considered really bad. Anyone in my opinion on this season could fight Ed Herman and look really bad. So you keep saying he can prove it this week, when in reality he can't. He's not going to win, and in all reality he shouldn't even look good in losing. Herman is that good. So no it's too late and the wrong opponent for him to prove anything this week.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    I'm saying he can't. I've never defended Rory being really good just wondered why he's considered really bad. Anyone in my opinion on this season could fight Ed Herman and look really bad. So you keep saying he can prove it this week, when in reality he can't. He's not going to win, and in all reality he shouldn't even look good in losing. Herman is that good. So no it's too late and the wrong opponent for him to prove anything this week.
    he doesnt have to win to prove it, he can still show his potential in a losing effort.. im sayin that people probably think Thacker is garbage cuz he did NOTHING against Soly but connect with a lazy whatever it was.. thats probably why people think Rory is garbage, cuz he doubts himself, looks slow and out of shape, and all he did in his only fight was throw a lazy kick and landed a knee.. so lets see what happens against Ed, lets see if he actually has an identity cuz who knows what kind of fighter Rory is unless you look up his resume, the guy didnt show any wrestling, standup, or BJJ in his fight.. just that he can throw his foot and get lucky.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    They tell him throw a high kick it's open, he throws a high kick, it lands, he wins the fight as a result. Lucky?

    I understand the thing you keep repeating that Rory can prove himself against Herman. I don't know how much more I have to spell it out for you without trying to make opinion sound like fact, but Herman is going to absolute dominate the piss out of Rory. It doesn't mean Rory is that bad it means Herman is that good.

    And to bottom line your argument for you, yes you did base the Rory-Thacker comparison off of one fight, a victory, that Rory had in a non-pro MMA bout on a TV reality show against someone he's probably never seen or heard of in his life.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    They tell him throw a high kick it's open, he throws a high kick, it lands, he wins the fight as a result. Lucky?

    I understand the thing you keep repeating that Rory can prove himself against Herman. I don't know how much more I have to spell it out for you without trying to make opinion sound like fact, but Herman is going to absolute dominate the piss out of Rory. It doesn't mean Rory is that bad it means Herman is that good.

    And to bottom line your argument for you, yes you did base the Rory-Thacker comparison off of one fight, a victory, that Rory had in a non-pro MMA bout on a TV reality show against someone he's probably never seen or heard of in his life.
    so your saying that Ed is gonna dominate every second of the fight and Rory wont be able to prove himself? well thats ok, but if your saying Rory has no chance.. then whatever cuz all ive been saying from the beginning is he has a chance to prove himself.. I didnt say that Ed wasnt gonna dominate him, im saying that Rory has another fight, so he does have another chance to prove himself.. I never said that it will happen.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    Anyone's got a chance. Rory could slip on a banana peel in the house, break his ankle and be replaced at the last minute by Jason Thacker. Thacker could go in and have a chance. Anyone's got a chance.

    But it's almost like you're gonna be able to say "I told you so" after Thursday when Herman destroys Rory, when I've been picking Herman from day one. All I really wanted to know was why this whole forum seemingly agrees that Rory is as bad as Jason Thacker in the first season. At least you had the balls to try and back your argument. But basically w/out talking about what he can do to prove that opinion wrong, the only thing you said to support the claim is he looked like shit against Hutcherson. Anyways lol.

    I don't see Rory proving himself in this fight, not proving what he's capable of at least. It'd be like Nogueira trying to fight Fedor again or something, we all know Nogueira's a great fighter but if you've never seen or heard of him before and watched the first Fedor fight, you'd assume he's a jobber or something. That doesn't mean Nogueira is that bad (obviously lol) it just means Fedor is that good. Shitty example, but it's the same formula I expect with Herman/Rory in that Rory isn't a bad fighter he's actually pretty good, he's just completely outmatched against Herman.

    Watch Rory win now and I have to look like the biggest dumbass in history lol.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    Anyone's got a chance. Rory could slip on a banana peel in the house, break his ankle and be replaced at the last minute by Jason Thacker. Thacker could go in and have a chance. Anyone's got a chance.

    But it's almost like you're gonna be able to say "I told you so" after Thursday when Herman destroys Rory, when I've been picking Herman from day one. All I really wanted to know was why this whole forum seemingly agrees that Rory is as bad as Jason Thacker in the first season. At least you had the balls to try and back your argument. But basically w/out talking about what he can do to prove that opinion wrong, the only thing you said to support the claim is he looked like shit against Hutcherson. Anyways lol.

    I don't see Rory proving himself in this fight, not proving what he's capable of at least. It'd be like Nogueira trying to fight Fedor again or something, we all know Nogueira's a great fighter but if you've never seen or heard of him before and watched the first Fedor fight, you'd assume he's a jobber or something. That doesn't mean Nogueira is that bad (obviously lol) it just means Fedor is that good. Shitty example, but it's the same formula I expect with Herman/Rory in that Rory isn't a bad fighter he's actually pretty good, he's just completely outmatched against Herman.

    Watch Rory win now and I have to look like the biggest dumbass in history lol.
    Lol dude I agree with you dont worry, I think Ed dominates Rory but it would be funny if Rory comes out blazing and Ed gets KOd ha ha

    my pick to win it all remains Kendall right now. I gotta go with the guy that beat my original pick.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502

    Default

    Herman/Groves should be a good fight due to size alone. Kendall is like 3 feet taller, has a 4 foot reach advantage lol. He's not a terrible striker either, and we know Herman can get caught already from the Abaddi fight.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    12,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    Herman/Groves should be a good fight due to size alone. Kendall is like 3 feet taller, has a 4 foot reach advantage lol. He's not a terrible striker either, and we know Herman can get caught already from the Abaddi fight.
    ya Kendall gets the edge in standup, id give Ed the edge on the ground since thats his bread and butter.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

    Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Boone
    I don't know how much more I have to spell it out for you without trying to make opinion sound like fact, but Herman is going to absolute dominate the piss out of Rory.




    Click HERE to take the Polack test.

    Look, my sig says "fuck" in it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •