Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Supplements

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Supplements

    People gave shit to Sean Sherk when he did the Inside the UFC w/ Rogan because he pulled out a baggy full of pills and downed them all (this was right after the steroids thing so...go figure). But I'm sure alot of those pills were just ZMA, Calcium Citrate, Vitamin C, and maybe he takes glutamine or fish oils in capsule form, which are all legal substances for sure.
    I take ZMA, Glutamine powder, creatine powder, vitamin C, sport multi-vitamin, calcium, essential fatty acids/fish oils (liquid form, I like Udo's Choice but it has a short shelf life), and whey protein.
    I've also heard Myoplex drinksm and Ultra Fuel are good for post workout, and HGH (PROTEIN!! POWERBARS!! MUSCLEMILK!!JAGERBOMBS!), but I dont have enough dinero$ to buy it all.
    If you train/ weightlift, what supplements do you use?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Inside Your Mind
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Ok...... this is what I currently have in my posession

    Product (brand, dosage)
    -------------------------------------------
    Multi Vitamin (ADAM by NOW foods)
    Omega-3 Fish Oil (Nutraplanet ~15-20g/day)
    Coleus Forskolhii (bulk powder ~ 500mg/day)
    Milk Thistle (bulk powder ~ 500mg-1g/day)
    ZMA (Primaforce 3 caps before bed)
    1-Carboxy (bulk powder ~ 1.6g before bed)
    Creatine Monohydrate (bulk powder ~5g/day)
    Taurine (bulk powder ~5g/day)
    Cissus (bulk powder.... haven't used it yet)
    Beta Alanine (bulk powder ~1-2g/day)
    Glycerol Monostearate (bulk powder ~500mg before upper-body lifting)
    Xtend (Scivation 3 scoops Pre Workout)
    Whey Protein (All the Whey and ON, 50g Post-Workout)
    Waxy Maize Starch (bulk - 80-100g post workout w/ protein & Creatine).
    Fenugreek (NOW foods 1g/day)
    Tribulus (Now Foods 3g/day)




    Sometimes if I need some energy or if I'm cutting I'll add in other stims...
    Caffeine (Prolab 400mg/day)
    Synephrine (SNS 120mg/day
    Yohimbine HCL (Primaforce 10mg/day)
    1,3 Dimethylamylamine (60mg preworkout) or whenver i need a boost.

    Out of all of these, the two that i like the most are 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (crazy energy/focus...... a lot like ephedrine) and Glycerol MonoStearate (crazy pumps when taken 30 mins preworkout.)

    Get your supps at nutraplanet.com . That place kicks ass, especially if you're into raw bulk powders. They also have the most ridiculous prices you will find on everything............ just go there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    Ok...... this is what I currently have in my posession

    Product (brand, dosage)
    -------------------------------------------
    Multi Vitamin (ADAM by NOW foods)
    Omega-3 Fish Oil (Nutraplanet ~15-20g/day)
    Coleus Forskolhii (bulk powder ~ 500mg/day)
    Milk Thistle (bulk powder ~ 500mg-1g/day)
    ZMA (Primaforce 3 caps before bed)
    1-Carboxy (bulk powder ~ 1.6g before bed)
    Creatine Monohydrate (bulk powder ~5g/day)
    Taurine (bulk powder ~5g/day)
    Cissus (bulk powder.... haven't used it yet)
    Beta Alanine (bulk powder ~1-2g/day)
    Glycerol Monostearate (bulk powder ~500mg before upper-body lifting)
    Xtend (Scivation 3 scoops Pre Workout)
    Whey Protein (All the Whey and ON, 50g Post-Workout)
    Waxy Maize Starch (bulk - 80-100g post workout w/ protein & Creatine).
    Fenugreek (NOW foods 1g/day)
    Tribulus (Now Foods 3g/day)




    Sometimes if I need some energy or if I'm cutting I'll add in other stims...
    Caffeine (Prolab 400mg/day)
    Synephrine (SNS 120mg/day
    Yohimbine HCL (Primaforce 10mg/day)
    1,3 Dimethylamylamine (60mg preworkout) or whenver i need a boost.

    Out of all of these, the two that i like the most are 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (crazy energy/focus...... a lot like ephedrine) and Glycerol MonoStearate (crazy pumps when taken 30 mins preworkout.)

    Get your supps at nutraplanet.com . That place kicks ass, especially if you're into raw bulk powders. They also have the most ridiculous prices you will find on everything............ just go there.

    dang.
    1- that must be mucho dinero$$
    2- when i take creatine, whey protein, glutamine, i always have to mix with a decent amount of water, esp because i spread out the glutamine dose to 3 times a day. And on top of that, if youre taking creatine and protein and other similar products you have to increase your water intake so you dont mess up your liver, and you have to drink accordingly to the amount of supplements your taking and body weight. how much water do you drink a day? especially because you take alot more supplements than weight.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Inside Your Mind
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSpanky View Post
    dang.
    1- that must be mucho dinero$$
    2- when i take creatine, whey protein, glutamine, i always have to mix with a decent amount of water, esp because i spread out the glutamine dose to 3 times a day. And on top of that, if youre taking creatine and protein and other similar products you have to increase your water intake so you dont mess up your liver, and you have to drink accordingly to the amount of supplements your taking and body weight. how much water do you drink a day? especially because you take alot more supplements than weight.
    I aim for a gallon a day, which isn't too hard. (4 Nalgene bottles).

    Powders in bulk are cheap and the last a really long time, so I don't really drop that much money..... it averages around $50 a month I'd say. I always end up trying something new with each order though.... very few staples. I could definitely cut back, but curiosity always seems to get the best of me.

    I drink that much water for the requirements of protein synthesis, not for liver health. 5g/day of creatine will not convert to a significant amount of creatinine and cause liver damage, and protein does not cause liver damage either.

    I just took 75mg 1,3 Dimethylamylamine..... this shit is crazy, it should be illegal.
    Last edited by Esox Express; 12-06-2008 at 04:32 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Gainesville
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I just took 75mg 1,3 Dimethylamylamine..... this shit is crazy, it should be illegal.
    I'm interested. Where do you buy it? GNC?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Inside Your Mind
    Posts
    848

    Default

    no no no..... there's only one place i know about that sells it..... it's such a rush of energy..... some compare it to the likes of ephedra.... I would even compare it to a "different" kind of powder at higher doses (around 100mg).... just not quite as intensely strong. supposedly really good for fat loss or as a pre-workout energizer/strength/performance enhancer.

    It's cheap enough to warrrant a try imo. I'll send you the links

  7. #7

    Default

    1,3-dimethylamylamine was once actually patented by a major pharmaceutical company back in the 1930's or 1940's as an inhaled nasal decongestant. I don't know if it was ever sold to the public though. Recently, the credit for its discovery goes to Patrick Arnold of Ergopharm labs. Supposedly, that is one of the main active ingredients in Ergopharm's succesful energy product Amp.

    There's actually a good number of sites that sell it in powder or capsule form. Do not pay very much for it. It's extremely cheap. It works similiar to pseudophed, ephedra, etc. I personally think it's much better for focus and mental performance, rather than just raw energy. I haven't noticed any major crash on it. I love it for mentally demanding tasks. It's my favorite stimulant.

    It goes by several different names, one of the most common being geranamine. Just be careful not to start too high. 25mg is a good starting dose. Titrate your way up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Protein Isolate
    Lean Beef Aminos
    Waxy Maise
    Kre Alkalyn
    Glutamine
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Tribulus
    Humanofort
    CoQ10
    Aspirin

    dpsnutrition.com is the place to go. I get my protein and a couple of other products at trueprotein.
    Last edited by HeavyHands; 01-07-2009 at 11:16 PM.


    -- He WILL be back

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bedfordshire-UK
    Posts
    555

    Default

    I just have 90% Soya Protein, Multivitamin, Glucosamine Sulphate and Cod Liver Oil. Takes care of everything for me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    whey multi-v vitamn c and flax oil does the trick for me im not gonna name drop but i train with a couple of pro fighters and their sponsors have em on sorts of good free shit and my conditioning is up with theirs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •