Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supplements

im just starting what should I take

Quote Originally Posted by pimpslappd View Post
    im just starting what should I take
    A good Whey Protein Isolate supplement, a good multi vitamin, fish oil, CoQ 10, and depending on what you are doing (weight routine and what not) maybe add creatine (go with Kre Alkalyn).

But most importantly, lots of GOOD FOODS. Clean sources of protein, carbs and fats!

These are the basic of the basics!

-- He WILL be back

Depends on what your goals/sport is I guess, but I'd agree with the basics: multivitamin, fish oils, good protein supplement, I'd also add in plenty of Vitamin C (ester) which is a very underated supplment. Last but not least water.

I don't know much about bodybuilding, my speciality was track and field. I liked Taurine and Arginine pre-workout. When Power Drive came out I just started using that, cheaper anyway, and just as good of an effect. BCAA's post-workout and during the workout, i.e. after 90 minutes, and every 30 minutes thereafter. Sometimes track workouts could last 3 hours, especially if lifting after.

For the real hardcore athletes with money to spend, Vit B12 injections are great too. Near the end of my competition years I stumbled upon a supplement called Syntheselen (B12 and ATP), great stuff, I used it on tempo days.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I just got in the gym 3 weeks ago after a long time away from the gym. And now i think i have a pretty kick ass diet going for to bulk up.

Breakfast at 9 AM:
    4 Eggs
    Oatmeal
    creatine
    Amino Acids
    Multi Vitamins
    Nitrix

Lunch at 12:
    Pasta
    Steak
    Isopure Zero Carb
    Amino Acids
    Nitrix

4th Meal at 3 PM:
    Nuts
    Peanut Butter
    Protein Shake
    Multi Vitamins

Pre Workout Fuel Up!!! at 5:00 PM:
    Creatine
    NO Xplode

WHILE at the GYM
    Amino Acids

Right after Workout:
    Protein Bar
    Amino Acids
    Nitrix
    Apple

Dinner!
    Extra Lean Steak
    Rice Or Pasta
    Isopure

Before Going to Bed:
    Protein Shake
    Amino Acids

I also drink over a gallon of water a day.
    And my protein shakes contain milk, oatmeal, protein powder, peanut butter, flax seed oil, banana and ice.

Right now i got Russian Bear Weight Gainer and Beverly International Ultra Size. And my protein bar is MLO Bio Protein. Like I mentioned i got the Beverly International Creatine, NO XPLODE and Nitrix from BSN. And the amino acids from Optimum Nutrion.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by willpunisher View Post
    I just got in the gym 3 weeks ago after a long time away from the gym. And now i think i have a pretty kick ass diet going for to bulk up.

Breakfast at 9 AM:
    4 Eggs
    Oatmeal
    creatine
    Amino Acids
    Multi Vitamins
    Nitrix

Lunch at 12:
    Pasta
    Steak
    Isopure Zero Carb
    Amino Acids
    Nitrix

4th Meal at 3 PM:
    Nuts
    Peanut Butter
    Protein Shake
    Multi Vitamins

Pre Workout Fuel Up!!! at 5:00 PM:
    Creatine
    NO Xplode

WHILE at the GYM
    Amino Acids

Right after Workout:
    Protein Bar
    Amino Acids
    Nitrix
    Apple

Dinner!
    Extra Lean Steak
    Rice Or Pasta
    Isopure

Before Going to Bed:
    Protein Shake
    Amino Acids

I also drink over a gallon of water a day.
    And my protein shakes contain milk, oatmeal, protein powder, peanut butter, flax seed oil, banana and ice.

Right now i got Russian Bear Weight Gainer and Beverly International Ultra Size. And my protein bar is MLO Bio Protein. Like I mentioned i got the Beverly International Creatine, NO XPLODE and Nitrix from BSN. And the amino acids from Optimum Nutrion.
    Whats current weight/bf %? Do you know your exact macro breakdowns/calorie intake? What are they per meal/per day?

Personally would not waste the money on the BSN products like NO xplode and Nitrix. Those products that claim vasodilation and "pumps" won't do anything but potentially hinder your gains especially when trying to "bulk". NO xplode will seem ok at first, get you psyched up for the gym and what not... but then you'll have to continue to increase the scoops before each workout for it do anything. And in the end, its a big waste of time/MONEY.

-- He WILL be back

Multivitamin
    AAKG Powder
    L-Glutamine
    Acetyl L-Carnitine
    Whey Protein
    Creatine Monohydrate and Ethyl Ester
    NO Xplode
    Ephedrine
    H-Drol

Looking into possible PCT for when H-Drol cycle is over.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpanky View Post
    dang.
    1- that must be mucho dinero$$
    2- when i take creatine, whey protein, glutamine, i always have to mix with a decent amount of water, esp because i spread out the glutamine dose to 3 times a day. And on top of that, if youre taking creatine and protein and other similar products you have to increase your water intake so you dont mess up your liver, and you have to drink accordingly to the amount of supplements your taking and body weight. how much water do you drink a day? especially because you take alot more supplements than weight.
    If you are saying that protein can mess up you'r liver I am curious to see where you heard that from. Last I read there was absolutly no evidence that alot of protein can cause liver damage to a healthy adult male (or female). The only time the tests they ran showed that high protein intake effected the liver were those with pre-existing conditions...

If something has changed I would like to read up on it.

I'll look for the article I last read and post it here if i find it that is my "source" for this information.

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night." -Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Tick View Post
    If you are saying that protein can mess up you'r liver I am curious to see where you heard that from. Last I read there was absolutly no evidence that alot of protein can cause liver damage to a healthy adult male (or female). The only time the tests they ran showed that high protein intake effected the liver were those with pre-existing conditions...

If something has changed I would like to read up on it.

I'll look for the article I last read and post it here if i find it that is my "source" for this information.

Correct; people who experience liver and/or kidney problems as a result of too much protein had existing conditions that predisposed them to the precipitating cause.

As for the rest of us; we simply excrete excess protein, or store it as fat if we're not running a caloric deficit.

Mr Heavy Hands seems to have a good take on this...getting the food right before thinking about supplementation has got to be the way to go.

I have got to be the worst offender for this. I take all sorts of supplements (list below) yet eat irregularly, feast/famine, eat crap food & still expect results. Finally recently I've got hold of my diet & supplementation.

CLA 3g/day
    Whey 50g/day
    Zinc 200% RDA
    Mag 100% RDA
    Multi vit
    Mega B vit + C vit
    Flax oil 3g/day
    Tribulus 2g/day
    That's not funny, that's not funny at all.

Does anyone use NO-XPLODE? What are the benefits and side affects?

Thread Information