Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-1 World GP Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post

Three guys who want to tie the best K-1 fighter ever, the future of the division who hasn't gotten the GP yet (Hari), and one bad ass dude who still hasn't gotten the gold in all these years (JLB).
    I've been hearing Hari is dropped from the 2009 gp so it'll be a while before he gets a chance again.

It looked like Remi could have continued, but Hari should have got a straight red card as soon as it happened.

Unfortunately it did look like Remi took the easy option, but who knows how bad he was really injured - it didn't look like he got hit very hard but Hari is the villian here - he's a great fighter, but the wannabe bad boy act makes him look like a total prick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

What a retarded finish for a nice tournament. I was so glad before hand knowing that Semmy the Cyborg couldn't win, but how this ended took all the joy from the tournament.

Badr Hari showed no class nor professionalism at all in the final fight. What the hell was he thinking going after Remy like that?

Remy, what the hell? You could clearly see his eyes seemed pretty normal. To me it seemed like Remy just didn't want to fight anymore and took the easy D.Q victory over Badr Hari. Reminded me of that Bob Sapp incident where Remy did the exact same thing. Overall quite a lucky win for Remy. Le Banner got injured for the one millionth time and Saki didn't shut up about his injuries and paid the price for it.

Well atleast Ray Sefo won and looked good out there and to be honest most likely could have beaten Bonjasky. Bonjasky still hits like a girl although he did manage to down the glass jawed Badr Hari. To me it seems like he is just in turtle defence letting the other guy hit his guard and then he will throw few kicks to score the points over and over again. Unless he sees a clear opening to land a kick/knee. Makes the fights quite boring to be honest, even though he does finish opponents unlike the low kick phenom... Musashi.

Also kudos to the guys at HDNET, some nice commenting that made me laugh my ass off.
    Last edited by Flou; 12-07-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valheruking View Post
    I've been hearing Hari is dropped from the 2009 gp so it'll be a while before he gets a chance again.
    Really? Over the DQ? I guess it makes sense.

What do you guys think? Should Hari not be able to compete next year? It certainly proves a point and shows the shit won't be tolerated..

wow badr got screwd. he was kicking bonjasky around and only got hurt once.I just dont think remy likes to get hit. regarless if it was a dq, if there was really a problem which i totally doubt, they shouldve done what Pride did with the Fedor-Nog 2 fight. just have a rematch at Dynamite. it wasnt fair for Badr. Remy's a pussy...we all know it, hes pulled this shit before.

That English announcer with all of those saying, come on guy, and stop screaming, also stop bashing mma.
    Still better than Kenny Rice.

Hari is one badass dude who needs to control his temper and Bonjasky seemed like he wanted out of the fight and he got it.

Love to see Badr Hari come up to MMA and compete with the big boys, learn the ground game and I think he could be the next cro cop.

What do you guys think? Should Hari not be able to compete next year? It certainly proves a point and shows the shit won't be tolerated..
    Doesn't make any sense the guy is a future star for them.
    Should start traing now for mma screw K-1.

Quote Originally Posted by gsprulz View Post
    wow badr got screwd. he was kicking bonjasky around and only got hurt once.I just dont think remy likes to get hit. regarless if it was a dq, if there was really a problem which i totally doubt, they shouldve done what Pride did with the Fedor-Nog 2 fight. just have a rematch at Dynamite. it wasnt fair for Badr. Remy's a pussy...we all know it, hes pulled this shit before.
    Badr got screwed? He went off the deep end. In an epic way I might add. He simply lost it.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by gsprulz View Post
    Badr got screwed... for breaking the rules? You get DQ'd when you start beating the crap out of a downed opponent... sorry you feel that is getting screwed. Why would they do Fedor-Nog 2? That was an accident.

Also, we don't all know Remy is a pussy because he isn't. Don't fighter bash.

Quote Originally Posted by atj-lucko View Post
    Doesn't make any sense the guy is a future star for them.
    Should start traing now for mma screw K-1.
    Does make sense, that shit shouldn't be tolerated. He friggin stomped Remy in the face with his heel after the ref jumped in while Badr was throwing punches. End of story.

Badr tried MMA a few years ago. Lost in under a minute. Would be interesting to see him give another go at it. He could easily get into DREAM.

F*ck yes he should be able to compete. He already got the purse deduction and the DQ.
    2009 YEAR OF SHOGUN!!!

WAR FOR LIFE!
    Shogun, Cro Cop, BJ Penn, Rampage, Mayhem, Nick Diaz, Wandy, Tito, Fedor, Big Nog, Babalu!

Quote Originally Posted by atj-lucko View Post
    That English announcer with all of those saying, come on guy, and stop screaming, also stop bashing mma.
    Still better than Kenny Rice.
    He's Australian, and the fans like those one liners and the enthusiasm etc, it's kinda like Bas, if you heard him for the first time you might think what the fuck is up with that guy, but mma fans love him, even if he sounds kinda dumb sometimes, same with Schiavello.

At least he's called a ton of kickboxing events and knows all the fighters and obviously likes the sport, beats some guy that's picked for his commentating skills only, and Kenny Rice lol

Thread Information