Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Hoost derseve his forth WGP title?

Default Did Hoost derseve his forth WGP title?

Been thinking about this and I can't make my mind up, do you guys think that Hoost earned his forth title, given that he lost to Sapp but was able to advance due to Sapp being too injured to carry on.

I'm of the mind that the reserve fighter should have stepped in, not really a fan of a fighter becoming champion when they have lost in the tournament.

I'm neither for or against Hoost, I recognise his talent but I've never really taken to Hoost.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

Was this the tournament where both Mark Hunt and Jerome Le Banner got injured fighting against him? If yes, then absolutely no.

Yeah, but i thought it was Sefo not Hunt, Sefo hurt his shin on Hoosts knee and Jerome fractured his arm and missed a year or so due to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

Dude Injurys are part of the game tough luck Hoost won fair and Square.

Well Mark Hunt would never have been a champ if it weren't for injuries, he was only given a spot cause Mirko was injured, and he lost that fight to Sefo, he was only able to continue cause Ray got injured in that fight, honestly if we're to sit around nitpicking about every gp there would a lot of different results.

Quote Originally Posted by valheruking View Post
    Well Mark Hunt would never have been a champ if it weren't for injuries, he was only given a spot cause Mirko was injured, and he lost that fight to Sefo, he was only able to continue cause Ray got injured in that fight, honestly if we're to sit around nitpicking about every gp there would a lot of different results.
    Agree. There are injuries and withdrawals in almost every GP (MMA included). That is the down side of tournaments. But, winning the tournament is winning the tournament.

Yeah, there can be a B.S. call in the finals or something. But if you get there because someone else couldn't continue... that is just the way the cookie crumbles...

So was Sefo's fight sweet?? i know it went to decision, just got back from holiday and only just downloading it.
    What will that win mean for him will he be apart of the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Dude Injurys are part of the game tough luck Hoost won fair and Square.
    Yes, injurys are part of the game. But how lucky did Hoost get that year?
    Sapp beats him TWICE, gets injured. Hoost gets his spot. Then both Sefo and Le Banner get injured fighting him.
    That's what I dislike about the tournament format. Someone who all ready got eliminated getting an another shot at the title.
    Last edited by Flou; 12-08-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Well stop watching them because it happens all the time. Injurys happen it is part of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Well stop watching them because it happens all the time. Injurys happen it is part of fighting.
    So because I thought Hoost got lucky and I dislike one aspect of the tournament format I should stop watching? Am I "arguing" with a 10 year old?

Thread Information