Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hari stripped of K1 Title, loses entire purse and his 2nd place spot at WGP

Default Hari stripped of K1 Title, loses entire purse and his 2nd place spot at WGP

K-1 gives punishment to Badr Hari
    By Zach Arnold | December 17, 2008

K-1 front man Sadaharu Taniagawa and rule director Nobuaki Kakuda announced that Badr Hari, after his actions in the World GP finals match against Remy Bonjasky at Yokohama Arena on the 6th, would receive punishment from the company. The punishment includes: no fight money (all of it taken away), loss of K-1 Heavyweight title, and loss of stature as 2nd place finisher in this year’s World GP tournament. Regarding a possible suspension of Hari, K-1 management indicated that a new rule may be implemented next year for possible suspension of fighters for DQ fouls in fights.
    source: http://www.fightopinion.com/2008/12/...-to-badr-hari/
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Steep punishment, but I'm not entirely sure what Hari did in the first place. Could someone please explain?

He headstomped and threw a couple punches at remy while he was on the ground and the ref was over top of him. then the ref tackled hari. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by integer View Post
    Steep punishment, but I'm not entirely sure what Hari did in the first place. Could someone please explain?
    Punched and stomped Remy when he was down.

Then the punishment fits the crime. Thanks for the information!

I like the idea of punishment on intentional DQs.

I like the steep punishment but isn't it illegal to withhold money for services rendered?

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I like the steep punishment but isn't it illegal to withhold money for services rendered?
    I think it's in the wording...it's not illegal for a sanctioning body to levey fines in excess of a fighters purse, even in the U.S, although this bout took place in Japan.

I remember something last year about the CSAC fining a fighter $3k for pissing hot for weed, and the guy's purse was something like $500. Gotta love Armando Garcia.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

K-1 isn't a sport either it's an org, there's no sanctioning body or anybody to keep tabs on things like that, they say what goes basically, the "rule director" Nobuaki Kakuda is the guy that reffed that fight. They'll probably put some ground rules in place about things like this after this incident though.

Sounds like an appropriate punishment to me. Intentional DQs are poison to the sport, and need to be deterred. I'm guessing Hari wouldn't consider doing this again.
    "Anybody know where I can find the can?" - Christopher Columbus' first words on reaching America

"I hath made a stinky in mine pants" - William Shakespeare

"Bump, bump, bump and grind. Smack that behind, and then discipline the mind!" - All Mighty Senators (from Kung Foo Masters).

Thread Information