Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hari stripped of K1 Title, loses entire purse and his 2nd place spot at WGP

I don't know if it was an intentional dq or he just flipped out. Seemed like he was doing fine in the fight and all the sudden a switch got flipped and he thought it was a street fight.
    Go FSU!
    Busey is back

His whole fight purse? Man those guys are harsh
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you donít know what happened. Hey, Iíve been around.Ē - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

Hari's attitude sucks and he got what he deserved... plain and simple.

The guy has all the talent in the world, but he is so focused on being the "bad boy". I think it is a fair punishment and I am glad it happened.

He is lucky he is still allowed to fight for K-1. IMO if that happened in the US they would not have allowed him to fight, everagain in any org..

Default Badr Hari stripped off his K-1 heavyweight title, NOT fighting at Dynamite

Sportsnoavi reported about FEG's press conference in Tokyo on December 17. In the conference, FEG announced the penalties against Badr Hari's action in K-1 World GP 2008 on December 6.

Sadaharu Tanikawa K-1 event producer:
    “After having a meeting with Nobuaki Kakuda rule director, judges and FEG, we decided to give him the heaviest penalties in K-1 history. He is stripped of his heavyweight title and not paid for his participation in K-1 World GP. We don't suspend his license in K-1 because our current rules don't allow us to do that. We are going to modify the rules to allow for suspensions starting 2009. We take back our plan of offering him fights in Dynamite and K-1 event in March. We haven't reached a decision when he comes back. We expect a lot from him. We hope he gets mentally stronger, and regain the title of K-1 champion someday.”

Badr Hari accepted the FEG's decision and made an apology for his action.
    “I'm sorry that my action disappointed my fans. I truly regret what I did. I hope I can come back to K-1 ring soon.”
    Wow I think stripping him off the title was a little too harsh but I guess they have to set an example someway somehow.

6. Default

Can you refresh my mind on what he did? Thanks
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Wow I think stripping him off the title was a little too harsh but I guess they have to set an example someway somehow
    If he want to hit people on the ground better start training full time in mma, seems he has no future in K-1, and where else is kickboxing even holding events.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    He did a "wandy" or "Shogun" to Remy. Foot stomp to the face, thought he was in Pride.
    Last edited by atj-lucko; 12-18-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Stomped on Remy B's head after knocking him down

9. Default

And they stripped him of the title? Damn. You would of thought he raped the dude in the ring or something.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Well like everyone said, he stomped Bonjasky in the face after knocking him down. I'll add that he tried to throw a couple punches first while he was on the ground and then added the stomp while the referee was pushing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by atj-lucko View Post
    If he want to hit people on the ground better start training full time in mma, seems he has no future in K-1, and where else is kickboxing even holding events.
    If K-1 said that they hope that he regains the title someday that means he's going to be back for sure... the problem is when. I say it's going to be right after the GP in March.

And they stripped him of the title? Damn. You would of thought he raped the dude in the ring or something.
    Yea I thought stripping him off the title was too harsh. The title had nothing to do with the GP or the loss. Taking away his pay was enough considering most organization would just take a part of his pay. However, stripping the title from him in a fight that didn't have the title on the line is an extremely harsh penalty.

Thread Information