Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell could return to fight Forrest in April

Default Chuck Liddell could return to fight Forrest in April

Chuck Liddell to return in April against Forrest Griffin?

Former UFC light heavyweight champions Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin could be about to square off against each other in April, most likely to be at UFC 97 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Speaking to ESPN this week, Dana White was asked about the possibility of the pair facing off:

“We could do Forrest/Chuck. That's a fight people would want to see. But yeah, Chuck probably needs to win one. Right now, we're planning on having Chuck fight in April.”

The UFC President was then asked if not Griffin then who would the lonng time UFC 205 pound champ face:

“It'll be either Shogun Rua, if he wins, or maybe Wanderlei Silva. Wanderlei is still under medical suspension, so we'll have to see what happens with that.”

This makes for an interesting development as Liddell was widely expected to return in March at UFC 96 in Columbus, Ohio. There now seems a real possibility that he could be moved to the Canadian card throwing rumoured appearances by the likes of Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir into the air.

By Michael Pepper.
    (SOURCE)

It should be Shogun IMO, assuming he emerges from the Coleman fight relatively unscathed. Shogun-Chuck would have been an AWESOME fight a few years ago, but it'll still be worth tuning in to see now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

idk but i dont really want to see chuck headline another card after gettin koed and against forrest who just lost... I was hopingfor forrest to fight the loser of machida/silva and chuck to fight against rua...

This sucks for me. No big time fights are going down at UFC 96 in Columbus before this. So I thought that at least I'd see Chuck fight...and now this. Please dont tell me Gonzaga/Carwin are going to main event.

i hope its rua but chucky better be uppin his game or he'll be done after that lose

Quote Originally Posted by foutch550
    So I thought that at least I'd see Chuck fight...and now this. Please dont tell me Gonzaga/Carwin are going to main event.
    I agree that as a main event that's a little thin - but it is a GREAT fight.

Based on not only this article but others recently it definitely seems the UFC is in flux with which fights it wants to put on which cards. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in Chuck being on 97 vs. 96 (or vice versa, either) at this point.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson's Submission Fighting (est. 2000)

Quote Originally Posted by foutch550 View Post
    This sucks for me. No big time fights are going down at UFC 96 in Columbus before this. So I thought that at least I'd see Chuck fight...and now this. Please dont tell me Gonzaga/Carwin are going to main event.
    I agree. Im kinda pissed cause I got my tickets for Ohio and now there is no one I want to see on that card. They even pulled Jardine off the dam card.

might make the trip to MTL

i would love to see Chuck 0 x 3 The Ultimate Fighter but i think he would knock out Forrest.. cuz forrest has no KO power.. he will do the same he did with Rampage, kick, punch, back away, which is also the samething Keith did against Chuck..
    I would like to Shogun dominate Coleman like he did back on his PRIDE days and go against Chuck and kick his fucking ass all over the ring!
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

I'd pay to see to see Chuck fight any of the three. The first match with Wand was sick, literally one of my favorite MMA fights of all time. With that probably not happening due to Wand being on suspension, I still would pay to see him either fight Shogun or Forrest. Chuck keeps talking about rounding off his skillset, so I doubt we would see the Liddell that fought Jardine or Evans. (The guy who was just thinking of a big punch) I think he would KO Forrest, as much as I like Forrest. Liddells one of my favorite fighters, and honestly I think him Vs. Shogun is a bigger toss up then what people are making it out to be.

I dunno, I think they should feed Liddel some ducks, so he can at least get a couple wins under his belt before he gets KTFO by the upper tier fighters again. I would say James Irvin, but he's suspended and I'm not sure Anderson Silva will give him back his heart after he ripped it out (KALI MA.....KALI MA!!). Maybe Houston Alexander?

Thread Information