Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell could return to fight Forrest in April

Houston Alexander wouldnt be a bad idea, or maybe Coleman he can pull off another upset. I'd still really like to see a Jardine rematch

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I dunno, I think they should feed Liddel some ducks, so he can at least get a couple wins under his belt before he gets KTFO by the upper tier fighters again. I would say James Irvin, but he's suspended and I'm not sure Anderson Silva will give him back his heart after he ripped it out (KALI MA.....KALI MA!!). Maybe Houston Alexander?

Though James Irvin's suspension is up in April.

Don't be scared homie.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I dunno, I think they should feed Liddel some ducks, so he can at least get a couple wins under his belt before he gets KTFO by the upper tier fighters again. I would say James Irvin, but he's suspended and I'm not sure Anderson Silva will give him back his heart after he ripped it out (KALI MA.....KALI MA!!). Maybe Houston Alexander?
    Couldn't agree with you more. If the UFC is going to try to use lidell to headline cards he is going to have to win once in a while. Irvin or houston would be great for chuck because he can get back in the win colunm. On the other hand if he cant pull out a win vs one o them then he might start thinking about retiting

they're in a predicament here. neither forrest nor shogun are exactly the kind of fighter you want to throw chuck in with to 'get back on the winning track.' but at the same time, they can't downgrade someone like chuck to fighting midcarders.

if it's shogun... i think he's in trouble.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by jhell View Post
    Though James Irvin's suspension is up in April.
    Word, didnt realize it was that close. Hopefully he's clean and not usin the oxy's anymore, that junk ruins lives. On the flip side, did anybody get the Kali Ma reference? My buddy bout pissed himself when i pulled that out.

What if Irvin would full off a upset victory?

Odd that they'd match Chuck with Shogun if he wins, but not Coleman if he somehow wins.

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Chuck beat Forrest and then got to face Rampage when Jackson beats Evans. I think it would be even more hilarious when Jackson takes him lightly and Chuck knocks him out. You heard it hear first, sports fans: biggest upset of 2009...now where did I put that lottery ticket?

rh

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    What if Irvin would full off a upset victory?

then i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that chuck vs. anderson may not be seen as a priority.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

i wish i wasnt saying this, but chuck is done. losing 3 of 4 and then being allowed to fight forrest puts him in a line for a title which he doesnt deserve. its time he starts at the bottom and works back up the ranks. he is no longer the poster boy for the changing ufc.

fighting forrest is a good idea. he doesnt have to worry about getting ko'd.

hope this goes down.

Thread Information