Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabe vs Carwin

Default Gabe vs Carwin

I think this is a very interesting fight as it is a huge step up for Shane but I really think he takes this one. I think he can keep it on the feet and knock Gabe out in the first round. What do you guys think?

Gonzaga will take this fight, either by KO or submission. It really is a HUGE STEP UP for Carwin.

its hard to say. usually when carwin takes someone down he gets to mount the fight is over bing bang boom.

with gonzaga im sure he can him down but then what, gonzaga is far superior on the ground.

should be interesting.

There is no way Carwin can win this. I do not think he has the skills to take on someone like ganzaga. Gonzaga takes this fight in round 1 or 2 with a submission
    "I don't know when it will happen, but it's inevitable that I will lose." - Fedor Emelianenko

Russell "The Careless Whisper" Rife - Superman punching your face

Malice Guest

That's quite a step up for Carwin...we all know what Gonzaga can do.

I hope Carwin...wins. He could really be a monster.

If Carwin wins, he would be one fight away from getting the title shot. A Lesnar vs Carwin would really sell for UFC.

However, I see GG winning. GG has a lot of power as well and even though people say GG doesn't like getting hit, it's not like Carwin does either. When Carwin gets hit, he reverts to his wrestler mentality and takes it to the ground and we know who has the advantage there.

I see GG throwing a lot of kicks in the fight until he does get taken down, where I can see him sweeping or submitting Carwin.

Although I understand that this is a huge step up in competition for carwin I think people are writng him off a little too quickly. Not only is carwin a perfect 10-0, he has one every fight in the first round. In fact his longest fight was just over 2 mins. I know he hasnt been facing the toughest competition but i just cant count out a uy that has been walking through every opponent he has faced. At thedvery least I think that you will see an exciting fight and i wouldnt count on it goin the distance no matter who wins

Quote Originally Posted by spvp94 View Post
    Although I understand that this is a huge step up in competition for carwin I think people are writng him off a little too quickly. Not only is carwin a perfect 10-0, he has one every fight in the first round. In fact his longest fight was just over 2 mins. I know he hasnt been facing the toughest competition but i just cant count out a uy that has been walking through every opponent he has faced. At thedvery least I think that you will see an exciting fight and i wouldnt count on it goin the distance no matter who wins
    agree'd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    If Carwin wins, he would be one fight away from getting the title shot. A Lesnar vs Carwin would really sell for UFC.
    Probably right, if that fight took place it would be interesting to see how Carwin's strength matches up against Lesnar. Carwin/Kongo are the only HWs I can see near Lesnar's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpanky View Post
    Probably right, if that fight took place it would be interesting to see how Carwin's strength matches up against Lesnar. Carwin/Kongo are the only HWs I can see near Lesnar's strength.
    The thing about Kongo, is he has tried to wrestle, and hes pretty much full of himself,and he might get dumd and try to wrestle with Lesnar, which would end up with him getting GnP'd all night. Same with Carwin, Brocks wrestling is better then both of theirs, and he can always just take them down,and lay on them.

Carwin vs. Gonzaga is a good match, but if Cro Cop couldnt out strike GG, I dont see Carwin doing it. GG broke Randys arm with a kick, like come on, the guys a beast. Carwins only chance is to try and keep it standing, but even then, GG has shown he can bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Thread Information