Thread: Pete sell vs matt brown at ufc 96

Default Pete sell vs matt brown at ufc 96

- PETE SELL VS MATT BROWN AT UFC 96 - MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more

In what could be a sleeper nominee for Fight of the Night, MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with sources close to Pete “Drago” Sell that he will be making his Ultimate Fighting Championship return on March 7 against Matt Brown at UFC 96 in Columbus, Ohio.

The fight will be Sell’s second since moving down to welterweight from his previous longtime home of middleweight.

In his initial outing at 170 pounds, Sell defeated former “Ultimate Fighter 7” cast member Josh Burkman via unanimous decision at UFC 90 this past October in Chicago.

Like Sell, Brown is also coming off a win in his most recent UFC action. In November he stepped in on short notice to impressively defeat Ryan Thomas via armbar just under a minute into the second round of their fight.

UFC 96 is set to take place at Nationwide Arena in Columbus on March 7, the same weekend as the Arnold Sports Festival.

Should be a hell of a war think Brown takes it

ooooooooooooo
    nice nice nice..
    its going to be a stand up war!
    i like it.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Good fight.

Ironically, if it goes to the ground, I have to say Brown takes this. We've seen little in the way of BJJ from Sell since he fought Baroni, and Brown has finished his last two opponents by armbar.
    3-4 in sig bets. FUCK me.

This is a good fight for this card. Two guys who love to stand and bang. I really wish they would come up with a GREAT main event since Im going to UFC 96.

Back home in Knoxville, TN, but repping FL and NJ still to this day!

Quote Originally Posted by jlruthven84 View Post
    Good fight.

Ironically, if it goes to the ground, I have to say Brown takes this. We've seen little in the way of BJJ from Sell since he fought Baroni, and Brown has finished his last two opponents by armbar.

But Sell is a BJJ BLACK BELT under Matt Serra. Guys of his caliber don't just hand out Black Belts. The fact Sell has been able to fend off submission attempts from legit BJJ practictioners like Travis Lutter and Thalis Leites (both of whom he ended up losing to, but by DECISION, not SUBMISSION) he ain't getting tapped by this dude Matt Brown....

Now if its a standing battle, it could be a different story.....
    GSP is the man! He kicked Matt Hughes's ass, then told him to keep his head up! LMAO!!!

REPPIN SHEER UNADULTERATED IGNORANCE!!!

HOLLA!!!!

Thread Information