Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forrest to miss most of 2009 with hand injury

Default Forrest to miss most of 2009 with hand injury

FORREST GRIFFIN could be sidelined for the rest of the year after sources revealed his hand injury is worse than first feared.

The former light heavyweight champion broke his fist during his unsuccessful title defence against Rashad Evans last month and has since had pins inserted into his hand to help the healing process.

Griffin was originally set to be out of action until May but industry insiders told SunSport he will not be back inside the Octagon until Autumn at the earliest.
    i didnt even know he broke his hand. thats a pretty long layoff.

Thats shitty. He's going to have an even harder time making his way back to title contention now with a year lay off. Out of sight, out of mind is truer than ever in this business. Hope the hand heals well tho and doesn't cause problems down the line.
    LJS-NEMS

neither did i......
    BJ PENN HIGH KICK ENDING A FIGHT....WHO WOULD'VE THUNK IT???

"I only wanna be known as the BEST EVER, is that too much to ask?"
    -- B.J. Penn
    FAVORITE FIGHTERS: BJ PENN, HENDO, MAYHEM, KID YAMAMOTO, VERA, VITOR, and MIGUEL TORRES

It was def posted in the post fight injury reports two days after his fight. No one actually knew how bad it was though. This is bad new for Forrest although it might help him refocus and come back stronger. I have a feeling he might have overtrained for the Evans fight.

there goes the possibility of Chuck vs Forrest in MTL

Forrest will remain in the top 10. This will give Shogun time to set up a rematch or have Rampage fight Forrest in a classic rematch.
    Fav fighter: A. Silva, BJ Penn, Dos Santos, Rampage, Bones Jones, Mir and Bendo

That seems like a bad spot for a break. Having a break in the hand seems like it would always cause problems. I have never had one so I don't know for sure, but it just seems like in this sport that is bad.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    That seems like a bad spot for a break. Having a break in the hand seems like it would always cause problems. I have never had one so I don't know for sure, but it just seems like in this sport that is bad.
    I've noticed the same, some of the fighters that break their hand in this sport seem to consistently struggle with its recovery after fights, even long after it's been broken.

Fedor comes to mind.

This should finally open the door for Machida (I hope so!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    there goes the possibility of Chuck vs Forrest in MTL
    Ya looks like that fight isnt happening anytime soon. Now I hope they leave Chuck on UFC 96 and have him fight Shogun or the looser of Franklin vs Henderson.

Closed Thread

Thread Information