Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are you the most dangerous when grappling?

At a buffet.....
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    i use rubberguard a lot, (and i'm a 200+ pounder too, so it's rare in my division), but lately i've been using sean williams guard more often. bring up the meathook, (i use my left leg almost always), and reach around it under the knee, trapping their arm and allowing you lots of free space to move your hips out. there's a great choke from there too, almost like a triangle but using your forearm for the pressure.
    True. I don't know if you've heard of the deep half guard but it's another interesting guard that one of the guys I train with puts on me all the time. Basically you think you passed his guard but he traps your foot only in his crotch area and your calf is on his stomach while his head is kind of face up in your crotch area...if you can picture that. It sounds weird but to this day I still can't figure out a way to get out of it and there's a bunch of sweeps and submissions from there.

I'm quite comfortable on my back with my opponant in my guard although I also like to be in my opponants guard where I can work for ankle and leg locks. Ankle locks arent the most effective submissions but I'm especially resiliant to them myself so I dont mind trading ankle locks with an opponant because he'll tap before I do.

I'm the most dangerous after i make you pass out!!! :]

Thread Information