Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arlovski set to move into boxing after fight with Fedor

Default Arlovski set to move into boxing after fight with Fedor

Arlovski set to move into boxing after fight with Fedor | Five Ounces of Pain

According to trainer Freddie Roach, Andrei Arlovski will move into boxing following his match-up with Fedor Emelianenko at the Affliction: Day of Reckoning PPV. Roach already knows who he wants Arlovski to face.

“Andrei’s going into boxing after this,” said Roach. “After we knockout Fedor, I’d like for him to challenge for the heavyweight championship against (WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay) Valuev.”

For Arlovski to transition right into a heavyweight title fight would seem very difficult. Roach does not think such a high caliber opponent would cause any problems for the former UFC heavyweight champion.

“His boxing skills are good enough. He’s the best MMA fighter in the world. Two world champions? It would be huge.”

This guy is nuts!! Best fighter in MMA? I think he is talking AA into a career that is doomed. There is no way they can strengthen AA's chin!!
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Best MMA fighter in the entire world??? Waoh I think Freddie is getting a bit ahead of himself there. But in terms of HW Boxer's I think AA would do fine since there isn't a plethora of decent HW Boxer's as of late anyway.

Oh dear...

Valuev is terrible. AA has a decent shot at that....

Against the Klitchsko brothers, AA would be put in a coma.

Wladimir is simply way too skilled and fast for him.

Vitaly has an iron chin and some of the best KO powered hands this side of a 21 year old Mike Tyson.

Roach is a moron.

There has been way too much talk of AA's boxing. He is spending far too much time in boxing than any other facet for this training camp. I remmeber hearing that his JiJitsu coach said that he didn't get to spend enough time with AA in this training camp... could be a big mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by gotblood? View Post
    Oh dear...

Vitaly has an iron chin and some of the best KO powered hands this side of a 21 year old Mike Tyson.

Roach is a moron.
    I think your absolutely right on the money with that. Valuev is too slow and Arlovski would just out box him with his speed and agility, however against one of the Klitchsko Bros he would get worked. This is another example of how certain trainers can be good for one thing and not the other. I hope AA dosen't get too brainwashed by this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    There has been way too much talk of AA's boxing. He is spending far too much time in boxing than any other facet for this training camp. I remmeber hearing that his JiJitsu coach said that he didn't get to spend enough time with AA in this training camp... could be a big mistake!

I agree. I think Roach has AA's head all screwed up.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by gotblood? View Post
    Oh dear...

Roach is a moron.
    Wladimir has looked like shit recently not to mention he was fighting an over the hill Rahman. Wladimir doesn't share his brother's genes when it come to the iron chin or lack there of.
    Last edited by b1uef1ow; 01-23-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Cause of my shitty typo.

And not to mention, isnt one of the "cardinal sins" of competitive fighting "not looking past your opponent"? Seriously if there is anyone and I mean ANYONE not to look past it's Fedor.

Quote Originally Posted by tarrsque View Post
    And not to mention, isnt one of the "cardinal sins" of competitive fighting "not looking past your opponent"? Seriously if there is anyone and I mean ANYONE not to look past it's Fedor.
    Looking past your opponent to another career just tells me that there is alot of doubt in your mind whether you can win or not. If this is true, then I think Arlovski has lost the fight already.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz

Thread Information