Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arlovski set to move into boxing after fight with Fedor

1. Default

I don't think Roach gets the whole "multiple facets" of the MMA game. He keeps talking about technique like he gets paid every time he mentions it but I'm just not sure if he quite gets that technique in boxing goes out the window when it comes to MMA. Chris Lytle and Marcus Davis are both accomplished boxers who had to greatly modify their boxing technique to adapt to MMA. The gloves alone play a huge factor in technique. Also, with so many different facets of MMA (wrestling, BJJ, etc) striking doesn't have to be "world-class". Fedor will never get confused with any of the greats in boxing, but there's a reason why he's considered the number one heavyweight right now, of all-time, and possibly the great MMA fighter ever. Roach, go back to boxing, having you around is getting really annoying. I know you should never use MMA math but AA and Fedor have both fought Tim and we've seen how that went.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Boxing boo looks like I won't be watching him anymore...

A big mistake for him. Roach is building him up to be the best fighter in MMA.

I think he is thinking ahead of the box, and with Arlovski's move to boxing, that wouldn't do much for his career.

Stick in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Wladimir has looked like shit recently not to mention he was fighting an over the hill Rahman. Wladimir doesn't share his brother's genes when it come to the iron chin or lack there of.
    Looked like shit recently?

What the fuck are you watching?

Wladimir has 5 KO's/TKO's in his last six fights(all wins...) beating every mandatory challenger.

The only fighter that has given him problems recently was Ibragimov, and he gives EVERYONE problems. He has a great defense.

And I never said he had a good chin, he's just a damn good boxer with the best trainer of big men in the world in his very corner.

Quote Originally Posted by gotblood? View Post
    Looked like shit recently?

What the fuck are you watching?

Wladimir has 5 KO's/TKO's in his last six fights(all wins...) beating every mandatory challenger.

The only fighter that has given him problems recently was Ibragimov, and he gives EVERYONE problems. He has a great defense.

And I never said he had a good chin, he's just a damn good boxer with the best trainer of big men in the world in his very corner.
    Have not been impressed by his fights because he's ... Let's be serious now... has not had any great quality opponents as of late. It's just the state of the HW devision right now. There is no one really to test him except maybe his brother and we know that will never happen.

Freddie Roach is losing credibility with me, moment by moment, the longer he talks about MMA, because the guy doesn't know dick about the difference between the two disciplines.

It seems like every time he opens his mouth, he just says something vastly uneducated and ignorant to the sport.

He's hyping Andrei to be some sort of world beater, when really, he's just a very solid, talented heavyweight.

Roach's best bet is to start being REALLY nice to Barnett or Overeem if he wants to beat Fedor, cuz Arlovski is the wrong bet.

Why the hell would Arlovski goto boxing for more money? No one knows his name in boxing and he will have to start from the beginning or is he REALLY getting an imediate title shot? I cant see that happening, so if Arlovski beats Fedor (which wont happen) why goto boxing when Im almost certain the UFC will be tossing BIG BUCKS his way and trying to promote it as this is the guy who beat the great Fedor and you know what he was in the UFC before Affliction and the UFC has the best fighters n the world.

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Best MMA fighter in the entire world??? Waoh I think Freddie is getting a bit ahead of himself there. But in terms of HW Boxer's I think AA would do fine since there isn't a plethora of decent HW Boxer's as of late anyway.
    yeah sure, he is going to somehow beat a 7'4 guy that has been doing this for 30 years. LOL.

and surely he could knockout powerhouses like Wlad Klitschko.

this is pure nonsense. I love Freddie Roach and I'm a big fan of his work but it seems to me he is yapping a whole lot OF LATE

dont you have to work your way up in rankings to even get a title shot in boxing???....or would he automatically get a title shot for a circus show...

Thread Information