Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your pick as the most dominant athlete over the last 50 years?

I would add Cael Sanderson to your list.... 159-0 speaks for itself. Alexander Karelin was quite dominant as well.

Some other names worth mentioning--- Deion Sanders, Carl Lewis, Elway, Muhammed Ali, Magic, Lawrence Taylor, Pele.

And if we are talking sheer athleticism, LeBron might be at the top of that list one day.

Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, or Fedor.

bobby orr was far more dominant than lemieux, roy or coffey. the guy could kill a full 2 minute penalty by himself with regularity. and +124 will never be equaled again.

Quote Originally Posted by pantomime horse View Post
    When I was a kid I was able to stay after a Wings game and met quite a few Islanders players. I was a Wings fan, but Mike Bossy was my favorite player. I still have the rookie card he autographed for me. I had several people tell me they were shocked that Billy Smith stopped and chatted with me as he had a reputation or something. I knew he had one on the ice.

I think it helped that I wore an Islanders jersey-style shirt that night.
    I met Bossy once, about 12 years ago and I was a HUGE Bossy fan, but I felt he came across as a little ignorant, and not very talkative.
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by machida4life View Post
    bobby orr was far more dominant than lemieux, roy or coffey. the guy could kill a full 2 minute penalty by himself with regularity. and +124 will never be equaled again.
    Not only that, the guy changed the sport of Hockey forever. Before Orr it was unheard of for a defensemen to crash the net or even score that often. I think the guy gets overlooked so often because he did not play that long, but there is not a single person that has completly changed a sport like Orr.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Michael Phelps if swimming counts

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

MR.jordan for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    I met Bossy once, about 12 years ago and I was a HUGE Bossy fan, but I felt he came across as a little ignorant, and not very talkative.
    Bossy's achievement of 50+ goals per season is absolutely incredible. Pretty cool to know that him and I grew up in the same neighborhood in Laval, Quebec! Never met him though.

Quote Originally Posted by pa99fighter View Post
    Michael Phelps if swimming counts
    Of course swimming counts.............I mentioned Phelps in the very 1st post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Of course swimming counts.............I mentioned Phelps in the very 1st post of this thread.
    Oh. Then I have no idea why not as many people voted for him

HW: Andrei Arlovski, Cain Velazquez
    LHW: Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin, Rampage, Ryan Bader
    MW: Rich Franklin, Gegard Mousasi, Jorge Santiago
    WW: GSP, Carlos Condit
    LW: Kenny Florian, Sean Sherk, Nate Diaz

Thread Information